FACILITY: Logan Correctional Center
LOCATION: Lincoln, IL
- Performance check-ins with annual merit increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through BlueCross BlueShield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plan with match
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
- Continuing education options
- Provides direct supervision of site Mental Health staff including hiring, scheduling, assigning duties, evaluating performance, disciplining, adjusting grievances and discharging.
- Provides input on proposals for collective bargaining.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with Wardens, Assistant Wardens, Health Care Unit Administrators, Mental Health Administrators and other (IDOC) facility management officials.
- Responds in a timely manner to requests for information or assistance
- Serves as a resource to the Wexford Health Chief of Psychiatry relative to non-clinical aspects of psychiatric and telepsychiatric services at IDOC facilities.
- Participates in Regional Team meetings and teleconferences as requested.
- Ensures the Vice-President of Operations, Regional Mental Health Director, Regional Mental Health Administrators, Chief Psychiatrist and applicable IDOC Administrative staff are apprised of all critical mental health-related incidents or developments at assigned facilities.
- Attends Quality Improvement meetings and is a member as assigned or requested.
- Collects data and generate reports as required or requested.
- Ensures clinical and facility-based orientation of newly employed MHPs.
- Ensures MHPs have a satisfactory understanding of all applicable Administrative and Institutional Directives, ACA/NCCHC Standards, and Wexford Health Behavioral Health protocols.
- Conducts no less than quarterly in-service training for all MHPs regarding clinical issues of concern to IDOC Director of Mental Health, facility and WHS administrators or the MHPs themselves.
- Provides guidance and direction to MHPs relative to Crisis Intervention Team training and leadership.
- Assists MHPs in the development and operation of psychoeducational and psychotherapy groups.
- Offers assistance and support to MHPs in their preparation for mental health monitoring visits, internal and external audits, and peer reviews.
- Ensures MHPs develop and maintain effective and efficient mental health delivery record-keeping and data management systems.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
- American Red Cross
- American Heart Association
- American Safety and Health Institute
Share This Job