POSITION: Mental Health Professional
SCHEDULE: Full-Time 8:00am-4:30pm
FACILITY: St. Clair County
LOCATION: Belleville, IL
A Job Should be MORE than just a paycheck.
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest correctional health care providers. Over the past 30 years, our team of dedicated clinical professionals has helped literally millions of justice-involved patients receive life-changing medical and mental health services.
The majority of our patients come from marginalized or impoverished backgrounds. In many cases, our doctors, nurses, and behavioral health professionals represent the patient’s first experience with quality, compassionate health care.
We heal and rehabilitate thousands of incarcerated patients every day.
When you join Wexford Health, you do more than just further your career.
You also become part of a team-a family-whose mission is to care for patients that cannot care for themselves.
You change lives.
You make a difference.
If you are looking for a position that empowers you to do MORE… then look at Wexford Health.
We’re proud to offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
The Mental Health Professional is part of the multi-disciplinary treatment team and works directly with inmates providing therapeutic services within mental health programs and units. An employee in this title plans and conducts a variety of specifically assigned therapeutic client activities and provides supervision and leadership of activities appropriate to the program involved. Activities are correlated with client needs, and are designed to help achieve self-adjustment and clinical stabilization.
- Plans and conducts a variety of specifically assigned client activities appropriate to the designated program.
- Provides leadership for one or more groups of clients in one phase of the total therapeutic activities program.
- Evaluates clients’ capabilities and prepares recommendations on placement of clients in activity programs.
- Assists in maintaining administrative and clinical records.
- Requests supplies and equipment needed for assigned activities.
- Provides individual instruction for clients as required.
- Performs all duties and activities per the Behavioral Health Policies and Procedures and Health Services Bulletins.
- Performs related work as required
LICENSING: Preferred Fully licensed, have temporary license or associate license in Illinois in Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification.
EDUCATION: Master’s Degree in Psychology, Social Work, or Counseling.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: At least two (2) years prior clinical experience working with forensic clients; have familiarity with relevant research literature, clinical assessments, procedures and methods, have ability to assess treatment goals and write goal-directed, individualized treatment plans; have ability to monitor and document individual behavior patterns and modify treatment plans; and be familiar with diagnostic nomenclature outlined in the most recent Diagnostic and Statistical Manual.
Share This Job