POSITION: Behavioral Health Technician
SCHEDULE: Full-Time / 12-p-8p Tuesday-Saturday / Days off Sunday & Monday
FACILITY: Menard Correctional Center
LOCATION: Menard, IL
Competitive Starting Rate of $23.98/hour!
Additional $4.00/hour from 3p-8p!
A Job Should be MORE than just a paycheck.
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest correctional health care providers. Over the past 30 years, our team of dedicated clinical professionals has helped literally millions of justice-involved patients receive life-changing medical and mental health services.
The majority of our patients come from marginalized or impoverished backgrounds. In many cases, our doctors, nurses, and behavioral health professionals represent the patient’s first experience with quality, compassionate health care.
We heal and rehabilitate thousands of incarcerated patients every day.
When you join Wexford Health, you do more than just further your career.
You also become part of a team-a family-whose mission is to care for patients that cannot care for themselves.
You change lives.
You make a difference.
If you are looking for a position that empowers you to do MORE… then look at Wexford Health.
Wexford Health offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual Increase
- 40 Paid Days Off per year
- BlueCross BlueShield Medical insurance
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with 50% match
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
The Behavioral Health Technician is a part of the multi-disciplinary treatment team and works directly with mentally ill or intellectually and developmentally disabled inmates providing therapeutic services within mental health programs and units. The Behavioral Health Technician plans and conducts a variety of specifically assigned therapeutic client activities and provides supervision and leadership of activities appropriate to the program involved. Activities are correlated with client needs, are based on treatment plans and are designed to help achieve self-adjustment and clinical stabilization.
- Plans and conducts a variety of specifically assigned client activities appropriate to the designated program.
- Provides leadership for one or more groups of clients in one phase of the total therapeutic activities program.
- Evaluates clients’ capabilities and prepares recommendations on placement of clients in activity programs.
- Assists in maintaining administrative and clinical records.
- Requests supplies and equipment needed for assigned activities.
- Provides individual instruction for clients as required.
- Performs all duties and activities per the Behavioral Health Policies and Procedures and IDOC Administrative Directives.
- Performs related work as required.
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR Certification—Accepted:
- American Red Cross
- American Heart Association
- American Safety and Health Institute
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Social Work or related field.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Knowledge of the principles and practices of therapeutic activity programs; have ability to plan, organize, direct, and participate in recreation/leisure activities; and have ability to prepare, set-up and maintain equipment related
Share This Job