POSITION: Physical Therapy Assistant
SCHEDULE: Full-Time / 8am-4p/ Mon-Fri
FACILITY: Dixon Correctional Correctional Center
LOCATION: Dixon, IL
A Job Should be MORE than just a paycheck.
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest correctional health care providers. Over the past 30 years, our team of dedicated clinical professionals has helped literally millions of justice-involved patients receive life-changing medical and mental health services.
The majority of our patients come from marginalized or impoverished backgrounds. In many cases, our doctors, nurses, and behavioral health professionals represent the patient’s first experience with quality, compassionate health care.
We heal and rehabilitate thousands of incarcerated patients every day.
When you join Wexford Health, you do more than just further your career.
You also become part of a team-a family-whose mission is to care for patients that cannot care for themselves.
You change lives.
You make a difference.
If you are looking for a position that empowers you to do MORE… then look at Wexford Health.
Wexford Health offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual increase
- 40 Paid Days off Per Year
- Comprehensive health insurance through BlueCross BlueShield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plan with 50% match
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
- Continuing education options
Under the supervision of a licensed Physical Therapist, the Physical Therapy Assistant is responsible for provision and documentation of individual physical therapy treatment as outlined by the evaluating physical therapist. Deviation from original treatment plans can only be done after consulting the physical therapist.
- Provide treatments and procedures defined by the physical therapist and within his/her education and demonstrated competencies.
- Document offender encounters, offender response, effectiveness, complications and progress
- Document and maintain appropriate in-house documentation requirements
- Ensure cleanliness and order of the physical therapy room. Communicate to supervisor equipment in need of repair and supplies needed, as well as deficiencies within the unit.
- Respect dignity and confidentially of offenders.
- Assist physical therapist, physician and nursing staff as assigned.
- Maintain confidentiality of inmate records.
- Approach changes in a positive manner. Make suggestions for improving work conditions to the Medical Director
- Accept constructive criticism in stressful situations.
- Upon receiving the necessary training and/or instruction, perform other duties as required or assigned.
- Conform to Wexford Health Sources, Inc. and facility regulations as appropriate, to include but not limited to:
- Dress Code
- Schedule/time sheets
- Safety and security regulations
- Procedures for sick leave/vacation time/education seminars
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
TRAVEL: Minimal travel required.
LICENSING: Currently licensed as a Physical Therapy Assistant
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification—Accepted:
- American Red Cross
- American Heart Association
- American Safety and Health Institute
EDUCATION: Graduate from an certified physical therapy assistant program
- Two (2) year post degree clinical experience
- Correctional experience
Share This Job