- Performance check-ins with annual merit increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through BlueCross BlueShield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plan
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
- Continuing education options
- Under the clinical supervision of a Registered Nurse, assists in the assessment of the physical, psychological and social dimensions of patients in the health care unit and, as necessary in the housing units.
- Assists in planning and implementing individual treatment programs, in the health care unit and housing unit, by utilizing available resources and consulting with registered nurses, physicians and correctional officers.
- Implements medical plan through administering medications and intervention in accordance with provider instructions.
- Documents nursing encounters, patient response, effectiveness, complications etc., and communicate information to supervisory personnel and physicians, in accordance with provider’s orders.
- Assists in maintaining working and living areas and supplies in good order.
- Serves as a member of a nursing care and treatment team, and assist physician as assigned.
- Uses available in-house resource personnel and departments for treatment/consultation.
- Implements clinical and technical aspects of care in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Takes vital signs (temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure).
- Applies and changes dressings.
- Upon receiving the necessary training and/or instruction, performs other related duties as required or assigned
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
LICENSURE: Current, unrestricted Illinois Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN) License
Share This Job