SCHEDULE: Part-Time / 11a-3p / Days off every other Mon, Fri & Weekend rotation
FACILITY: Lawrence Correctional Center
LOCATION: Sumner, IL
Sign on bonuses available!
- Annual Increase
- 40 Paid Days Off per year
- BlueCross BlueShield Medical insurance
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with 50% match
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
- Continuing education options
- Assesses physical, psychological and psychosocial dimensions of patients within the healthcare unit and, as necessary, in the housing units.
- Applies knowledge of illnesses, injuries and diseases using available resources in obtaining a health history, and in the assessment process.
- Provides leadership to RNs, LPNs, MAs, CNAs and other nursing paraprofessionals in patient care as related to medical aspects of patient care.
- Reviews and monitors all offenders receiving medications, as assigned and maintains charts and records.
- Utilize therapeutic communication skills and effective interviewing techniques to elicit pertinent historical information and make appropriate referral as required.
- Implement professional nursing services in a thorough and competent manner in accordance with standards, rules, protocols, policies and procedures.
- Make referrals to the appropriate health care provider in a timely manner based on diagnostic tests, labs, and nursing diagnosis.
- Contact physician for medication orders as necessary to ensure medication continuity of care.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Pharmacology to include drug reaction, drug interaction, side effects, cautions, and contraindications.
- Administer medication in a safe and efficient manner consistent with prescribed orders, mouth checks, and established standards and keeps proper charts and records.
- Participates in the training of Wexford/facility personnel on mental health required training per NCCHC and ACA standards.
- Complies with correctional facility policies and procedures
- Perform within the normal limits of the State Nurse Practice Act, Code of Ethics for Nurses, policies and procedures and facility policy/procedures and standards.
- Upon receiving the necessary training and/or instruction, performs other related duties as required or assigned
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
LICENSURE: Current, valid IL State Registered Nursing License
- American Red Cross
- American Heart Association
- American Safety and Health Institute
EDUCATION: Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Minimum one (1) year of clinical experience; correctional nursing experience a plus
Share This Job