POSITION: Certified Nurse Assistant
SCHEDULE: Part-Time 28 hours
FACILITY: Eastern Regional Jail
LOCATION: Martinsburg, WV
Under clinical supervision from the Director of Nursing, Registered Nurses, Medical Director and/or WVDOC personnel as appropriate, the CNA assists nursing staff with daily operations. Utilizes electronic medical record system as applicable throughout the scope of duties and responsibilities.
- Assists inmates with activities of daily living such as feeding, bathing, bed making, shaving, dressing and other related tasks.
- Assists in checking vital signs, height and weight as assigned; collects and maintains records of fluid intake and output; reports on the condition of inmates.
- Follows established infection control practices and emergency protocols.
- Assists inmates in wheel chairs, on stretchers and walking.
- Promotes and encourages resident hydration and elimination.
- Assists inmates with ambulation, turning and repositioning, and range of motion activities.
- Cleans bedside units, nursing workrooms and equipment; assists nursing staff with washing and sterilizing equipment.
- Prepares and maintains written reports and records.
- Assists with medications ordinarily self-administered when specifically ordered by a physician.
- Responds to call lights promptly and courteously.
- Receives formal and on-the-job training in the theory and techniques of direct care support.
- Receives close supervision; work is reviewed through inspections and observations.
- Upon receiving the necessary training and/or instruction, performs other related duties as required or assigned
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
CERTIFICATION: Current, valid Nursing assistant certificate, current CPR certification
EDUCATION: Completion of a certification program from accredited nursing assistant
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: 0-2 Years
Share This Job