FACILITY: Pontiac Correctional Center
LOCATION: Pontiac, Illinois
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest correctional health care providers. Over the past 30 years, our team of dedicated clinical professionals has helped literally millions of justice-involved patients receive life-changing medical and mental health services.
The majority of our patients come from marginalized or impoverished backgrounds. In many cases, our doctors, nurses, and behavioral health professionals represent the patient’s first experience with quality, compassionate health care.
We heal and rehabilitate thousands of incarcerated patients every day.
When you join Wexford Health, you do more than just further your career.
You also become part of a team-a family-whose mission is to care for patients that cannot care for themselves.
You change lives.
You make a difference.
If you are looking for a position that empowers you to do MORE… then look at Wexford Health.
Wexford Health offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Performance check-ins with annual merit increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through BlueCross BlueShield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plan
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
- Continuing education options
Serves as the behavioral health authority. Responsible for the delivery of contracted services, personnel, and coordination of psychiatric/behavioral health services and programs. Serves as the behavioral health liaison between Wexford Health and the correctional system.
- Supports, and provides direction for the psychiatric and behavioral health care delivery system and coordinates with the other functions within the institution.
- Ensures compliance with ACA/NCCHC standards, as appropriate, and correctional system regulations, policies and procedures.
- Develops operational psychiatric and behavioral health plans and policies.
- Assists with the monitoring of the activities of the behavioral health staff to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Interviews behavioral health personnel as needed.
- Meets regularly with the site mental health staff to ensure appropriate provision of services.
- Coordinates training for behavioral health and institutional staff on mental health issues as requested.
- Assures that all parole evaluations are completed and submitted in a timely manner
- Follows and enforces security regulations for keys, sharps, and controlled medications.
- Adheres to and enforces safety and security policies and participates in disaster drills.
- Attends mandatory and optional in-service training.
- Participates in and conducts in-service programs; assists in orientation of new staff.
- Provides direct assistance to the Health Services Administrator in administration, planning, management and delivery of behavioral health services at the facility level.
- Contributes to behavioral health program development and evaluation.
- Provides documentation in accordance with unit policies and procedures.
- Monitors and insures the appropriate utilization of psychotropic medications.
- Assists with legal proceedings as needed.
- Upon receiving the necessary training and/or instruction, performs other related duties as required or assigned
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
- Current IL State Medical license required
- Current IL Controlled Substance license required
- Current DEA required
- Board Certification – American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology required;
- CPR certification required—Accepted:
- American Red Cross
- American Heart Association
- American Safety and Health Institute
EDUCATION: Medical degree with psychiatry residency required
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: 3 years experience in an institutional healthcare setting preferred Correctional healthcare experience preferred
Share This Job