POSITION: Medical Records Clerk
FACILITY: Guadalupe County Correctional Facility
LOCATION: Santa Rosa, NM
A Job Should be MORE than just a paycheck.
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest correctional health care providers. Over the past 30 years, our team of dedicated clinical professionals has helped literally millions of justice-involved patients receive life-changing medical and mental health services.
The majority of our patients come from marginalized or impoverished backgrounds. In many cases, our doctors, nurses, and behavioral health professionals represent the patient’s first experience with quality, compassionate health care.
We heal and rehabilitate thousands of incarcerated patients every day.
When you join Wexford Health, you do more than just further your career.
You also become part of a team-a family-whose mission is to care for patients that cannot care for themselves.
You change lives.
You make a difference.
If you are looking for a position that empowers you to do MORE… then look at Wexford Health.
Wexford Health offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Performance check-ins with annual merit increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through BlueCross BlueShield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plan
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
- Continuing education options
The Medical Records Clerk is responsible and accountable for the maintenance of health records. In this capacity, the employee organizes and maintains a system of health files and logs concerning patient diagnosis, treatment, admissions, discharges and daily patient census changes. The employee is expected to exercise good judgment, maintain confidentiality and function independently.
- Maintains a system and updates facility health status requirements for inmate physical, laboratory, PPD, etc.
- Files loose documentation generated from inside and outside institutions such as laboratory reports, radiology results, completed consultation reports, progress notes, etc.
- Ensures confidentiality of all medical records information.
- Retrieves medical charts for all healthcare staff or clinics as requested
- Releases information at the direction of the Medical Director or Health Services Administrator.
- Assists in preparing periodic statistical reports and other management information system requirements. Maintain logs for appropriate medical unit onsite staff.
- Answers telephone, relay messages and transfer calls as appropriate.
- Understands and comply with all state, facility and company policies, procedures and protocols as related to the medical records department.
- Meets timelines as related to death records, released inmates’ health records and case management and departmental productivity guidelines.
- Upon receiving the necessary training and/or instruction, performs other related duties as required or assigned
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR Certification
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED equivalent
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Minimum of one (1) year medical records experience
, Santa Rosa
santa rosa, nm
Santa Rosa, Nm
nm santa rosa,
Nm Santa Rosa
santa rosa nm
santa rosa nm
santa rosa, nm
Share This Job