POSITION TITLE: Forensic Evaluator (Psychologist)
SCHEDULE: Full Time 32 hours/week (Monday-Friday)
LOCATION: New Hampshire Office of the Forensic Examiner – Concord, NH
*Hybrid – Remote/Onsite schedule
- Doctoral degree (Ph.D., Psy.D, or Ed.D.) in psychology from an accredited psychology program
- Current New Hampshire license as Psychologist (can assist with obtaining licensure if out of state)
- Experience or training in forensic evaluation
The Forensic Evaluator Psychologist provides evaluations within the statutory timeframe while providing quality competency evaluations for the State’s need for expert forensic psychiatric/psychological evaluations during the judiciary process to determine if clients are competent to stand trial, insanity, Gibbs, and dangerousness.
- Provides forensic psychiatric/psychological evaluations that are requested by the New Hampshire Court System.
- Testifies, as required, regarding content of the evaluations, to act as a liaison to the Courts, Attorneys, and County Facilities and provides training/consultation in this activity as agreed upon by the Contractor and the NH Department of Corrections and outlined in NH Statutes.
- Tracks cases and management of data to ensure statutory compliance with evaluation completion standards as well as establishing baseline data, trending, and workflow within the Office of Forensic Examiners.
- Works in conjunction with the Department to establish standards of practice and policy development for the Division of Medical & Forensic Services.
- Upon receiving the necessary training and/or instruction, performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Current license as Psychologist
Current CPR certification
Doctoral degree (Ph.D., Psy.D, or Ed.D.) in psychology from an accredited psychology program
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Flexible, dependable, and reliable
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrates knowledge of medical policies and procedures
• Ability to competently manage multiple priorities simultaneously
• Support philosophy, objectives and goals of the medical department
• Assume individual accountability for own conduct and maintenance of professional appearance
• Must be able assist staff with various policies, administrative and organizational projects. “Team-player” as this position requires daily coordination with other coworkers.
Share This Job