POSITION: Dental Hygienist
SCHEDULE: Full-Time, 32 hours per week *4 8 hour days *No weekends
FACILITY: New Hampshire State Prison
LOCATION: Concord, New Hampshire
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest correctional health care providers. Over the past 30 years, our team of dedicated clinical professionals has helped millions of justice-involved patients receive life-changing medical and mental health services.
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
Performs technical and advisory services in oral or dental hygiene involving oral prophylaxis. Under the supervision of a dentist, may perform educational and organizational work in promoting oral hygiene.
Utilizes electronic medical record system as applicable throughout the scope of duties and responsibilities.
- Sets up clinic as assigned by Dentist.
- Scaling and cleaning of teeth as prescribed by Dentist.
- Assists Dentist in administering fluoride treatments.
- Assists Dentist in completing dental x-rays.
- Accurately records services in the medical record of the patient and classify dental conditions utilizing APHA standards.
- Screens for dental emergencies and sick call.
- Checks and maintain instruments, equipment and supplies including ordering replacements and submitting work orders.
- Completes oral prophylactic care including set up of instruments, equipment and supplies.
- Ensures proper cleanup, packaging and sterilizing of instruments.
- Maintains a clean and orderly working environment.
- Instructs Dental Assistant in proper techniques and other training as directed.
- Develops oral hygiene education program for patients.
- Participates in in-service education.
- Curettage and polishing of teeth.
- Instructs patients about oral hygiene and proper care of teeth.
- Maintains cleanliness and sterile conditions of dental unit.
- Assists Dentist at clinic sessions.
- Ensures continuity of care.
- Makes appropriate entries on patient’s dental chart.
- Supplies data for clinic reports.
- Recognizes the symptoms of shock and fainting and provides necessary aid as directed or required.
- Responsible for dental office security to include instrument counts.
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
LICENSING: Current New Hampshire license as a Dental Hygienist.
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification
EXPERIENCE: 0–2 years experience working in a dental setting and/or correctional health care setting preferred
EDUCATION: Graduate from an accredited school of dental hygiene required
Share This Job