POSITION: Licensed Practical Nurse
SCHEDULE: Full-Time / 7a-3p / Rotating Every other Tues, Fri and Weekend off
FACILITY: Taylorville Correctional Center
LOCATION: Taylorville, IL
A Job Should be MORE than just a paycheck.
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest correctional health care providers. Over the past 30 years, our team of dedicated clinical professionals has helped literally millions of justice-involved patients receive life-changing medical and mental health services.
The majority of our patients come from marginalized or impoverished backgrounds. In many cases, our doctors, nurses, and behavioral health professionals represent the patient’s first experience with quality, compassionate health care.
We heal and rehabilitate thousands of incarcerated patients every day.
When you join Wexford Health, you do more than just further your career.
You also become part of a team-a family-whose mission is to care for patients that cannot care for themselves.
You change lives.
You make a difference.
If you are looking for a position that empowers you to do MORE… then look at Wexford Health.
Wexford Health offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual Increase
- 40 Paid Days Off per year
- BlueCross BlueShield Medical insurance
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with 50% match
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
Under the direct supervision of the designated Wexford Health manager and clinical supervision from the Director of Nursing, Registered Nurses, Medical Director and/or IDOC personnel as appropriate, the LPN is responsible for assisting in the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. Under the guidance of Registered Nurses, directs and guides patient teaching activities commensurate with education and demonstrated competencies. Utilizes electronic medical record system as applicable throughout the scope of duties and responsibilities.
- Under the supervision of a Physician or Registered Nurse, performs non-professional nursing care duties in the assessment of the physical, psychological and social dimensions of patients in the Health Care Unit and, as necessary in the housing units.
- Assists in planning individual treatment programs by utilizing available resources in planning care and consults with registered nurses, physicians and correctional officers.
- Assists in implementing individual treatment programs in the Health Care Unit and, as necessary, in the housing unit.
- Assesses personal and learning development needs.
- Plans and implements program to meet identified needs through in-service attendance and other format and informal means.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and performs nursing policies and procedures.
- Supports philosophy, objectives and goals of nursing department.
- Performs within the normal limits of the State Nursing Practice Act, Code of Ethics for Nurses, policies and procedures and facility policy/procedures and standards.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
LICENSING: Currently licensed as an LPN in the state of Illinois
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification—Accepted:
- American Red Cross
- American Heart Association
- American Safety and Health Institute
EDUCATION: Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: One year clinical experience, Prior experience with use of electronic medical record system
Share This Job