POSITION: Dental Hygienist
SCHEDULE: Part-Time / 8 hours per week
FACILITY: Lakin Correctional Center
LOCATION: West Columbia, West Virginia
A Job Should be MORE than just a paycheck.
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest correctional health care providers. Over the past 30 years, our team of dedicated clinical professionals has helped literally millions of justice-involved patients receive life-changing medical and mental health services.
The majority of our patients come from marginalized or impoverished backgrounds. In many cases, our doctors, nurses, and behavioral health professionals represent the patient’s first experience with quality, compassionate health care.
We heal and rehabilitate thousands of incarcerated patients every day.
When you join Wexford Health, you do more than just further your career.
You also become part of a team-a family-whose mission is to care for patients that cannot care for themselves.
You change lives.
You make a difference.
If you are looking for a position that empowers you to do MORE… then look at Wexford Health.
A licensed dental hygienist, who under the supervision of a the Dentist, performs technical and advisory services in oral or dental hygiene involving oral prophylaxis
- Sets up clinic as assigned by supervisor
- Scaling and cleaning of teeth as prescribed by dentist.
- Assist Dentist in administering fluoride treatments
- Assist Dentist in completing dental x-rays
- Accurately record services in the medical record of the patient and classify dental conditions utilizing APHA standards
- Screen for dental emergencies and sick call
- Check and maintain instruments, equipment and supplies including ordering replacements and submitting work orders
- Complete oral prophylactic care including set up of instruments, equipment and supplies
- Ensure proper cleanup, packaging and sterilizing of instruments
- Maintain a clean and orderly working environment
- Instruct dental assistant in proper techniques and other training as directed
- Develop oral hygiene education program for residents
- Participate in in-service education
- Curettage and polishing of teeth.
- Instructs patients about oral hygiene and proper care of teeth.
- Maintains cleanliness and sterile conditions of dental unit.
- Assists dentist at clinic sessions.
- Ensures continuity of care.
- Makes appropriate entries on patient’s dental chart.
- Supplies data for clinic reports.
- Responsible for dental office security to include instrument counts.
- Maintains constant alertness to conditions which might endanger the security of the institution, personnel and residents.
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as required.
Medical unit within a correctional facility.
LICENSING: Licensed Dental Hygienist
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification
EDUCATION: Appropriate education needed to obtain license
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Experience working in a dental setting or correctional setting preferred.
OTHER PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must be skilled in recognizing the symptoms of shock and fainting and must be prepared to provide necessary aid as directed.
, West Columbia
west columbia, wv
West Columbia, Wv
wv west columbia,
Wv West Columbia
west columbia wv
west columbia wv
west columbia, wv
Share This Job