POSITION: Psych RN
FACILITY: Central New Mexico Correctional Facility
LOCATION: Los Lunas, NM
$5,000 Sign On Bonus!!!
A Job Should be MORE than just a paycheck.
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest correctional health care providers. Over the past 30 years, our team of dedicated clinical professionals has helped literally millions of justice-involved patients receive life-changing medical and mental health services.
The majority of our patients come from marginalized or impoverished backgrounds. In many cases, our doctors, nurses, and behavioral health professionals represent the patient’s first experience with quality, compassionate health care.
We heal and rehabilitate thousands of incarcerated patients every day.
When you join Wexford Health, you do more than just further your career.
You also become part of a team-a family-whose mission is to care for patients that cannot care for themselves.
You change lives.
You make a difference.
If you are looking for a position that empowers you to do MORE… then look at Wexford Health.
Wexford Health offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Performance check-ins with annual merit increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through BlueCross BlueShield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plan
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
- Continuing education options
- Responsible for delivery of mental health and somatic patient care to mentally ill offenders through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Directs and guides patient teaching activities and ancillary personnel, while maintaining standards of professional nursing. Utilizes electronic medical record system as applicable throughout the scope of duties and responsibilities
- Provides a broad range of services to the mentally ill offender population including nursing screenings and assessments, medication delivery, treatment planning within a multi-disciplinary treatment team, and patient education.
- Provides leadership to RNs, LPNs, CNAs and other nursing paraprofessionals in patient care as related to psychiatric aspects of patient care.
- Reviews and monitors all offenders receiving psychotropic and somatic medications, as assigned and maintains charts and records. Utilize therapeutic communication skills and effective interviewing techniques to elicit pertinent historical information and make appropriate referral as required.
- Implement professional nursing services in a thorough and competent manner in accordance with standards, rules, protocols, policies and procedures.
- Make referrals to the appropriate health care provider in a timely manner based on diagnostic tests, labs, and nursing diagnosis.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Pharmacology to include drug reaction, drug interaction, side effects, cautions, and contraindications.
- Administer medication in a safe and efficient manner consistent with prescribed orders, mouth checks, and established standards and keeps proper charts and records.
- Provides therapeutic intervention and crisis care to patients who are in need of mental health and medical services, in both group and individual settings.
- Perform within the normal limits of the State Nurse Practice Act, Code of Ethics for Nurses, policies and procedures and facility policy/procedures and standards
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
LICENSURE: Current, unrestricted New Mexico Registered Nurse (RN) License
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR Certification
EDUCATION: Graduate from an accredited school of nursing. Associate’s Degree required; Bachelors’ Degree preferred.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Minimum one (1) year of clinical experience; correctional nursing experience a plus
Share This Job