POSITION: Certified Medical Assistant
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 40 hours per week, Day Shift
FACILITY: New Hampshire State Prison for Men
LOCATION: Concord, NH
The Medical Assistant is to assist in ensuring that the workflow governing patient care in the Health Services Center is organized, patient responsive, and promotes resident access to comprehensive care.
- Obtains the daily list of external medical visits to ensure all patients are tracked and followed upon return to NHDOC.
- Collaborates with the Medical Case Manager to ensure that residents discharged from the hospital have appropriate follow up visits with NHDOC provider and/or nurses
- Calls patients from the housing unit for appointments to deliver provider communication, such as patient education materials, or to complete forms as directed.
- Monitors waiting room for patient arrivals to greet and assist patients in getting the appropriate service.
- Reviews charts prior to patient visits to ensure that any diagnostic tests, records and/or labs are completed and available.
- Checks vital signs at the beginning of the visit, documents them in the EHR along with other observations using SOAP format. Will alert nurse or provider to deviations in normal health status.
- Assists providers/nurses and allied health with minor procedures/treatments.
- Cleans and stocks exam room in between patients.
- Establishes appointments (follow up, allied health, and other diagnostic testing), prints and delivers the appointment slip at the end of the visit in conjunction with Medical Records.
- Answers Inmate Request Slips (IRS) regarding questions around appointments.
- Acts as the onsite facilitator for telehealth appointments.
- Assists medical records staff and nursing with coordination of outside vendors performing onsite clinics.
- Completion of a medical assistant program from a vocational, technical, or career school
- CPR certification
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- 9 Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
Share This Job