POSITION: Director of Nursing
LOCATION: Vienna, IL
A Job Should be MORE than just a paycheck.
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest correctional health care providers. Over the past 30 years, our team of dedicated clinical professionals has helped literally millions of justice-involved patients receive life-changing medical and mental health services.
The majority of our patients come from marginalized or impoverished backgrounds. In many cases, our doctors, nurses, and behavioral health professionals represent the patient’s first experience with quality, compassionate health care.
We heal and rehabilitate thousands of incarcerated patients every day.
When you join Wexford Health, you do more than just further your career.
You also become part of a team-a family-whose mission is to care for patients that cannot care for themselves.
You change lives.
You make a difference.
If you are looking for a position that empowers you to do MORE… then look at Wexford Health.
Wexford Health offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Performance check-ins with annual merit increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through BlueCross BlueShield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
Under the direct supervision of the Regional Manager, has the authority, responsibility and accountability for structuring, comprehensive planning and implementing the Nursing Services Program that guides the delivery of a quality health care program.
- Supervises all assigned staff nurses and paraprofessional nursing personnel.
- Receives and reviews daily outpatient and infirmary reports.
- Manages all infirmary and clinic nursing functions. Acts as a consultant and/or resource within site to facilitate offender care.
- Coordinates offender care requirements with other departments within the facility and the continuity of offender care with outside health care facilities.
- Provides functional direction and guidance to nursing staff through on-the-job training and ensures appropriate and quality orientation for all newly hired staff.
- Participates in planning, priority setting and the development of policies and procedures for health care activities that are in compliance with contractual requirements, Department of Corrections and national standards.
- Coordinates and monitors orientation, in-services and continuing education within the Division of Nursing Services. Plans, develops and conducts in-service training classes for professional and/or paraprofessional patient care personnel.
- Coordinates the development, provision and evaluation of patient care according to the standards of quality care.
- Receives direction from IDOC personnel as appropriate, including but not limited to Wardens, Health Care Unit Administrators (HCUA). Assists HCUA in ensuring that the contract terms of nursing coverage are met.
- Coordinates special projects as requested by HCUA e.g., nurse audits, development of nursing policies and procedures, etc.
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
LICENSING: Current Illinois R.N. License
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR Certification—Accepted:
- American Red Cross
- American Heart Association
- American Safety and Health Institute
EDUCATION: Graduate of an accredited nursing program.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Minimum two (2) years nursing experience,
Two (2) years administrative and/or correctional nursing experience preferred
Share This Job