POSITION: Registered Nurse
SCHEDULE: Full-Time 2:00p-10:30p
FACILITY: St. Clair County Jail
LOCATION: Belleville, IL
A Job Should be MORE than just a paycheck.
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest correctional health care providers. Over the past 30 years, our team of dedicated clinical professionals has helped literally millions of justice-involved patients receive life-changing medical and mental health services.
The majority of our patients come from marginalized or impoverished backgrounds. In many cases, our doctors, nurses, and behavioral health professionals represent the patient’s first experience with quality, compassionate health care.
We heal and rehabilitate thousands of incarcerated patients every day.
When you join Wexford Health, you do more than just further your career.
You also become part of a team-a family-whose mission is to care for patients that cannot care for themselves.
You change lives.
You make a difference.
If you are looking for a position that empowers you to do MORE… then look at Wexford Health..
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
A professional nurse registered in the state of assignment responsible for delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. Also directs and guides patient teaching activities and ancillary personnel, while maintaining standards of professional nursing.
- Assesses physical, psychological and psychosocial dimensions of patients within the Health Care Unit and, as necessary, in the housing units.
- Applies knowledge of illnesses, injuries and diseases using available resources in obtaining a health history, and in the assessment process.
- Provides a written assessment of patient on admission, during confinement and on discharge as requested.
- Summarizes assessment data, and makes a triage decision which is documented and communicated to other patient care providers.
- Plans an individual treatment program.
- Utilizes available treatment protocols as written by the Medical Director.
- Utilizes referral process to appropriate health care providers as necessary.
- Applies knowledge and utilizes available resources in planning care and patient teaching.
- Consults as necessary with other nurses, physician assistants, physicians, correctional officers, etc.
- Implements an Individual Treatment Program in the Health Care Unit and, as necessary, in the housing units.
- Implements clinical and technical aspects of care in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Intervenes with proper techniques, procedures and safety precautions utilizing aseptic technique and infection control to meet individual needs of patients.
- Implements medical plan through administering medications in accordance with physician’s orders.
- Intervenes by administering medications according to proper techniques and procedures, including IV therapy, and all other approved routes of administration.
- Utilizes pharmacology knowledge and available resources, to include drug reaction and overdose information in administering medications.
- Implements medical plans through obtaining diagnostic tests in accordance with physician’s orders.
- Intervenes by obtaining body fluid specimens and performing EKG’s using proper techniques and procedures.
- Communicates information to ancillary departments using established referral process.
- Implements treatment plans as ordered by the physician.
- Intervenes with proper techniques, procedures and available resources.
- Assists the physician or physician assistant in medical or minor surgical procedures as necessary and/or requested to meet individual needs of patients.
- Implements nutrition and therapeutic diet plan as ordered by physician or physician assistant.
- Intervenes with proper techniques and procedures and available resources of therapeutic diets and nutrition as established by the Facility.
- Utilizes knowledge and available resources of therapeutic diets and nutrition as established by the Facility.
- Documents’ nursing encounters utilizing the Problem Oriented Medial Records format of charting as required by the Facility.
- Communicates information to other nursing staff, Health Care Unit physicians, physician assistants, Health Care Unit supervisory personnel, and department correctional officers and departments.
- Respects dignity and confidentiality of patients.
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as required.
LICENSING: Current state RN license
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification
EDUCATION: Graduate from an accredited nursing school
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: One (1) year of clinical experience
Share This Job