POSITION: Office Coordinator
SCHEDULE: Full Time 8am -4pm M-F (Weekends Off!)
FACILITY: Dixon Correctional Center
LOCATION: Dixon, Illinois
A Job Should be MORE than just a paycheck.
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest correctional health care providers. Over the past 30 years, our team of dedicated clinical professionals has helped literally millions of justice-involved patients receive life-changing medical and mental health services.
The majority of our patients come from marginalized or impoverished backgrounds. In many cases, our doctors, nurses, and behavioral health professionals represent the patient’s first experience with quality, compassionate health care.
We heal and rehabilitate thousands of incarcerated patients every day.
When you join Wexford Health, you do more than just further your career.
You also become part of a team-a family-whose mission is to care for patients that cannot care for themselves.
You change lives.
You make a difference.
If you are looking for a position that empowers you to do MORE… then look at Wexford Health.
Wexford Health offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Performance check-ins with annual merit increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through BlueCross BlueShield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plan
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
- Continuing education options
Under the direct supervision of Site Manager, assists the Manager in the day to day administration of the medical unit through compiling, drafting, preparing, researching, organizing, tracking and monitoring of goals and operations of the health care unit. Supervises clerical staff; provides general secretarial and receptionist services as assigned.
- Organizes, maintains and ensures confidentiality of employee personnel files. Ensures personnel paperwork is complete. Completes and ensures processing of all employee new hires.
- Coordinates the office activities of administrative staff. Schedules training of staff members. Supervises staff for scheduling and furloughs.
- Monitors performance of subordinates as well as takes an active role in staff morale and retention.
- Prepares and inputs data into KRONOS timekeeping and scheduling systems as directed by Site Manager.
- Develops and maintains system for tracking employee absenteeism, unauthorized late arrivals and early departures and refers to the Site Manager infractions of the Illinois Absenteeism and Tardiness Policy.
- Monitors and reports to the Site Manager instances of early or late punching of time clock that result in unauthorized overtime.
- As directed by the Site Manager, prepares, drafts and tracks various aspects of the employee discipline process.
- Develops and maintains process to ensure the timely completion of clinical staff peer reviews, referring to the Site Manager those which could potentially exceed the timeframes established.
- Assists the Site Manager with the completion of the Wexford Health Sources clinical score card.
- Assists the Site Manager as requested with the completion of the Morning Report, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports, dental prosthetic tracking log, and reporting of the aforementioned data in the CQI meetings and other reporting as assigned.
- Be familiar with the WHS/AFSCME or IBEW Collective Bargaining Agreement to ensure unit is operating consistent with the language as interpreted by WHS administration.
- Organizes, researches and monitors time frames of employee grievances.
- Assists with the development of staff schedules, monitoring of Schedule E hours, and tracking of hours worked by entire staff, including overtime hours.
- Coordinates and/or conducts staff interviews. Conducts orientation of new personnel as assigned.
- Assists with proactive tracking of licensures and certifications (including CPR certifications) of employees, and helps maintain compliance with the expiring license report to ensure active licenses and certifications are obtained prior to current licenses/certifications expiring.
- Assists with the coverage of various position classifications, to ensure contract compliance.
- Organizes and executes staff retention and morale activities as directed by the Site Manager.
- Develops, organizes and maintains filing system for all material. Develops and updates departmental policies and procedures as assigned.
- Tracks, monitors unit policies and processes, as carried out by employees, to assist in employee accountability.
- Assists in unit auditing as requested or directed.
- Assists with or participates in unit CQI activities as directed. Prepares meeting minutes.
- Tracks, monitors offender lawsuits and employee worker compensation incidents.
- Assists with the ordering, maintenance and distribution of medical and office supplies as well as monitoring commodity levels and budgets.
- Maintains the confidentiality of all correspondence and files.
- Acts as second in command in the absence of the Site Manager.
- Approaches change in a positive manner.
- Makes suggestions for improving work conditions to the appropriate supervisor.
- Assists Site Manager and HCUA to ensure contractual obligations are met. Coordinates and performs special projects as assigned by Site Manager and HCUA.
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
- Current CPR certification—Accepted:
- American Red Cross
- American Heart Association
- American Safety and Health Institute
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Associate or Bachelor degree preferred
- Two years secretarial experience
- Prior management and/or corrections experience preferred. Must be organized, detailed oriented and possess effective communication skills.
Share This Job