POSITION: Registered Nurse
SCHEDULE: Friday/Saturday 5a-5:30p
FACILITY: SWVRJA Abingdon Facility
LOCATION: Abingdon, VA
A Job Should be MORE than just a paycheck.
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest correctional health care providers. Over the past 30 years, our team of dedicated clinical professionals has helped literally millions of justice-involved patients receive life-changing medical and mental health services.
The majority of our patients come from marginalized or impoverished backgrounds. In many cases, our doctors, nurses, and behavioral health professionals represent the patient’s first experience with quality, compassionate health care.
We heal and rehabilitate thousands of incarcerated patients every day.
When you join Wexford Health, you do more than just further your career.
You also become part of a team-a family-whose mission is to care for patients that cannot care for themselves.
You change lives.
You make a difference.
If you are looking for a position that empowers you to do MORE… then look at Wexford Health.
- Responsible for delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation. Also directs and guides patient teaching activities and ancillary personnel, while maintaining standards of professional nursing.
- Assesses physical, psychological and psychosocial dimensions of patients within the Health Care Unit and, as necessary, in the housing units.
- Applies knowledge of illnesses, injuries and diseases using available resources in obtaining a health history, and in the assessment process.
- Provides a written assessment of patient on admission, during confinement and on discharge as requested.
- Summarizes assessment data, and makes a triage decision which is documented and communicated to other patient care providers.
- Plans an individual treatment program. Utilizes available treatment protocols as written by the Medical Director.
- Utilizes referral process to appropriate health care providers as necessary.
- Consults as necessary with other nurses, physician assistants, physicians, correctional officers, etc.
- Implements medical plan through administering medications in accordance with physician’s orders. Intervenes by administering medications according to proper techniques and procedures, including IV therapy, and all other approved routes of administration.
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
LICENSING: Currently licenses as a registered nurse within the state
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification
EDUCATION: Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Preferred a minimum of one year clinical experience. Corrections experience desirable.
Share This Job