POSITION: Dental Hygienist
SCHEDULE: Part-Time / 7a-3p / 20 hour weekly/ Rotating days off
FACILITY: Hill Correctional Center
LOCATION: Galesburg, IL
A Job Should be MORE than just a paycheck.
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest correctional health care providers. Over the past 30 years, our team of dedicated clinical professionals has helped literally millions of justice-involved patients receive life-changing medical and mental health services.
The majority of our patients come from marginalized or impoverished backgrounds. In many cases, our doctors, nurses, and behavioral health professionals represent the patient’s first experience with quality, compassionate health care.
We heal and rehabilitate thousands of incarcerated patients every day.
When you join Wexford Health, you do more than just further your career.
You also become part of a team-a family-whose mission is to care for patients that cannot care for themselves.
You change lives.
You make a difference.
If you are looking for a position that empowers you to do MORE… then look at Wexford Health.
Wexford Health offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual Increase
- 40 Paid Days Off per year
- BlueCross BlueShield Medical insurance
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with 50% match
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
Under the direct supervision of a dentist, performs technical and advisory services in oral or dental hygiene involving oral prophylaxis. Under the supervision of a dentist, may perform educational and organizational work in promoting oral hygiene.
- Sets up clinic as assigned by supervisor.
- Scaling and cleaning of teeth as prescribed by dentist.
- Assists Dentist in administering fluoride treatments.
- Assists Dentist in completing dental x-rays.
- Accurately records services in the medical record of the patient and classify dental conditions utilizing APHA standards.
- Screens for dental emergencies and sick call.
- Checks and maintain instruments, equipment and supplies including ordering replacements and submitting work orders.
- Completes oral prophylactic care including set up of instruments, equipment and supplies.
- Ensures proper cleanup, packaging and sterilizing of instruments.
- Maintains a clean and orderly working environment.
- Instructs dental assistant in proper techniques and other training as directed.
- Develop oral hygiene education program for residents.
- Participate in in-service education.
- Curettage and polishing of teeth.
- Instructs patients about oral hygiene and proper care of teeth.
- Maintains cleanliness and sterile conditions of dental unit.
- Assists dentist at clinic sessions.
- Ensures continuity of care.
- Makes appropriate entries on patient’s dental chart.
- Supplies data for clinic reports.
- Recognizes the symptoms of shock and fainting and provides necessary aid as directed or required.
- Responsible for dental office security to include instrument counts. Maintains constant alertness to conditions that might endanger the security of the institution, personnel and residents.
- Maintains the confidentiality of inmate records.
- Approaches change in a positive manner.
- Makes suggestions for improving work conditions to the Medical Director and Health Care Unit Administrator.
- Accepts constructive criticism in stressful situations.
- Upon receiving the necessary training and/or instruction, perform other duties as required or assigned.
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
LICENSING: Current Illinois license as a Dental Hygienist.
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR Certification—Accepted:
- American Red Cross
- American Heart Association
- American Safety and Health Institute
EXPERIENCE: Experience working in a dental setting or correctional setting preferred.
EDUCATION: Appropriate education needed to obtain license.
Share This Job