POSITION: Certified Nurse Assistant
FACILITY: Central New Mexico Correctional Facility
LOCATION: Los Lunas, NM
$1,000 Sign On Bonus!!!
A Job Should be MORE than just a paycheck.
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest correctional health care providers. Over the past 30 years, our team of dedicated clinical professionals has helped literally millions of justice-involved patients receive life-changing medical and mental health services.
The majority of our patients come from marginalized or impoverished backgrounds. In many cases, our doctors, nurses, and behavioral health professionals represent the patient’s first experience with quality, compassionate health care.
We heal and rehabilitate thousands of incarcerated patients every day.
When you join Wexford Health, you do more than just further your career.
You also become part of a team-a family-whose mission is to care for patients that cannot care for themselves.
You change lives.
You make a difference.
If you are looking for a position that empowers you to do MORE… then look at Wexford Health.
Wexford Health offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Performance check-ins with annual merit increase (if applicable)
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through BlueCross BlueShield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plan
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
- Continuing education options
- Under clinical supervision from the Director of Nursing, Registered Nurses, Medical Director and/or NMCD personnel as appropriate, the CNA assists nursing staff with daily operations.
- Utilizes electronic medical record system as applicable throughout the scope of duties and responsibilities.
- Assists inmates with activities of daily living such as feeding, bathing, bed making, shaving, dressing and other related tasks. Assists inmates in wheel chairs, on stretchers and walking. Assists inmates with ambulation, turning and repositioning, and range of motion activities.
- Assists in checking vital signs, height and weight as assigned; collects and maintains records of fluid intake and output; reports on the condition of inmates.
- Cleans bedside units, nursing workrooms and equipment; assists nursing staff with washing and sterilizing equipment.
- Assists with medications ordinarily self-administered when specifically ordered by a physician.
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
LICENSING: Not Applicable
CERTIFICATION: Current, valid Nursing assistant certificate, current CPR certification
EDUCATION: Completion of a certification program from accredited nursing assistant program
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: 0-2 Years
Share This Job