POSITION: Licensed Mental Health Professional
SCHEDULE: Full Time 40 Hours Per Week
FACILITY: Nueces County Jail
LOCATION: Corpus Christi, TX
A Job Should be MORE than just a paycheck.
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest correctional health care providers. Over the past 30 years, our team of dedicated clinical professionals has helped literally millions of justice-involved patients receive life-changing medical and mental health services.
The majority of our patients come from marginalized or impoverished backgrounds. In many cases, our doctors, nurses, and behavioral health professionals represent the patient’s first experience with quality, compassionate health care.
We heal and rehabilitate thousands of incarcerated patients every day.
When you join Wexford Health, you do more than just further your career.
You also become part of a team-a family-whose mission is to care for patients that cannot care for themselves.
You change lives.
You make a difference.
If you are looking for a position that empowers you to do MORE… then look at Wexford Health.
We’re proud to offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
- Provide clinical services, including screening, assessment, treatment planning and crisis intervention.
- Performs individual and group therapeutic counseling.
- Performs administrative consultations for specialized social services as determined by the specific needs of the Institution.
- Interviews inmates to obtain information concerning medical history, mental health history, or other pertinent information.
- Observes inmates to detect indications of abnormal behavior.
- Reviews results of tests, treatment plans and treatment cases with the behavioral health team to evaluate client needs and implement treatment.
- Coordinates psychiatry services, which includes but is not limited to tracking and triaging patients’ requests or staff referrals for psychotropic meds; administrative duties for psychiatry visits; tracking psychiatry services provided including signed consents and obtaining refusals.
- Plans and administers therapeutic treatment such as counseling, behavior modification and psychosocial education to assist inmates in managing their mental disorders and other interpersonal or environmental problems.
- Discusses progress toward treatment goals with inmates and ensures that the treatment plan is completed in a timely manner, adhered to as the barometer for treatment and is reflected in the progress notes.
- Consults with behavioral health team concerning treatment plan and amends plan as described
- Assists in planning and implementing the goals and objectives of programs and projects. May direct special projects as requested.
- Experience working effectively with a multi-disciplinary treatment team, providing clinical supervision, performing consultation and teaching others
- Provides the necessary preparation of documentation, necessary records and reports.
- Participates in interdisciplinary treatment team meetings.
- Provides documentation in accordance with unit policies, procedures, and facility policies when recommended and/or indicated.
- Participates in mandatory as well as elective educational activities as well as orientation of new staff, and inmate orientation.
- Attends weekly staff meetings and follows all team/unit protocols.
- Adheres to safety and security policies, and participates in disaster drills.
- Follows security regulations and policies, with consideration of clinical factors.
- Completes case management responsibilities as required.
- Completes chart reviews as required.
- Engages in internal audit preparation and review process as directed by the Associate Director, Mental Health Programs.
- Appropriately recommends/offers input to multi-disciplinary team for transfers to alternate levels of care, and/or grade changes when requested.
- Participates in all mental health watches and log entries as directed
- Respects dignity and confidentiality of patients.
LICENSING: Current Texas license as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), or other appropriate mental health professional license.
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification.
EDUCATION: Master’s Degree in Psychology, Social Work, or Counseling
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: At least two (2) years prior clinical experience working with forensic clients; have familiarity with relevant research literature, clinical assessments, procedures and methods, have ability to assess treatment goals and write goal-directed, individualized treatment plans; have ability to monitor and document individual behavior patterns and modify treatment plans; and be familiar with diagnostic nomenclature outlined in the most recent Diagnostic and Statistical Manual.
Share This Job