POSITION: Dental Assistant
FACILITY: Southern Correctional Facility
LOCATION: Las Cruces, NM
A Job Should be MORE than just a paycheck.
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest correctional health care providers. Over the past 30 years, our team of dedicated clinical professionals has helped literally millions of justice-involved patients receive life-changing medical and mental health services.
The majority of our patients come from marginalized or impoverished backgrounds. In many cases, our doctors, nurses, and behavioral health professionals represent the patient’s first experience with quality, compassionate health care.
We heal and rehabilitate thousands of incarcerated patients every day.
When you join Wexford Health, you do more than just further your career.
You also become part of a team-a family-whose mission is to care for patients that cannot care for themselves.
You change lives.
You make a difference.
If you are looking for a position that empowers you to do MORE… then look at Wexford Health.
Wexford Health offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Performance check-ins with annual merit increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through BlueCross BlueShield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plan
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
- Continuing education options
Under direct clinical supervision of the Dentist, a Dental Assistant performs non-professional work assisting the Dentist during examination and treatment of patients and in the routine handling of instruments and supplies.
- Maintains supplies, materials and records of treatment.
- Sets up instruments, equipment and supplies as directed by the Dentist.
- Prepares the patient for treatment.
- Helps patients feel comfortable before, during and after dental treatment.
- Ensures proper clean up, packaging and sterilizing of instruments.
- Assist in instruction of patients in proper dental hygiene
- Assists in screenings for dental emergencies and sick call.
- Provides chair-side assistance by keeping operating field clear, passing instruments and suctioning.
- Scrubs and sterilizes instruments.
- Mixes restorative materials.
- Assists in taking intra-oral x-rays in accordance with proper radiological hygiene.
- Develops and mounts x-ray films.
- Performs intra-oral tasks as defined by law.
- Maintains x-ray unit, processor, autoclave and dental unit according to specifications.
- Inventories supplies and equipment to maintain adequate levels.
- Makes suggestions for improving work conditions to the appropriate supervisor.
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
LICENSURE: High School graduate or GED certificate
- Expanded Functions OR Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) Certification
- Dental Radiology Certification (if not included in above certification)
- Current CPR Certification
EDUCATION: High School graduate or GED certificate
Share This Job