POSITION: Discharge Planner
SCHEDULE: Full-Time Monday through Friday
FACILITY: Nueces County Jail
LOCATION: Corpus Christi, TX
A Job Should be MORE than just a paycheck.
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest correctional health care providers. Over the past 30 years, our team of dedicated clinical professionals has helped literally millions of justice-involved patients receive life-changing medical and mental health services.
The majority of our patients come from marginalized or impoverished backgrounds. In many cases, our doctors, nurses, and behavioral health professionals represent the patient’s first experience with quality, compassionate health care.
We heal and rehabilitate thousands of incarcerated patients every day.
When you join Wexford Health, you do more than just further your career.
You also become part of a team-a family-whose mission is to care for patients that cannot care for themselves.
You change lives.
You make a difference.
If you are looking for a position that empowers you to do MORE… then look at Wexford Health.
We’re proud to offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
2. Obtain release lists from on-site teams (transportation, case management, daily report) to identify release list caseload, 30, 60 days prior to release.
3. Prioritize soon-to-be-released patients for scheduling appointments to provide discharge planning services.
4. Upon notification of release, review identified patient’s continuity of care and individual release plan for continuity of care; ensure 30 day supply of medication is ordered and given, as well as a prescription for an additional 30 days (which can be filled by the patient at a community pharmacy at the patient’s expense); and schedule a follow up appointment in the community to include wrap-around services as indicated.
5. Prior to release, engage appropriate community-based organizations in release planning to provide health care services and education to assigned patients.
6. Consult with interdisciplinary team (nurses, nurse practitioners/physician assistants, physicians, case management, social work, parole/probation, etc.) to promote continuity of care.
7. Develop partnerships with on-site Department of Case Management, and other vendor re-entry staff for a comprehensive process of release planning.
8. Maintain open lines of communication with Wexford clinical team and release planning teams.
9. Ensure data is collected and submitted in a standard format on a monthly basis and that all required data is sent to the HSA each month.
10. Participate in internal on-site meetings with interdisciplinary teams to discuss soon-to-be-released patients and their transition to the community.
11. Access community resources known to the discharge planning team and identify new community resources available for the patient population on an on-going basis.
12. Work with CQI Director to establish and maintain benchmark quality assurance measure for discharge planning.
13. Participate in community-based activities as representative of Wexford, as assigned.
14. Act as a liaison between on-site staff and community-based Discharge Planner and other resources.
15. Plan and implement programs to meet identified needs through in-service attendance and other format and informal means.
16. Identify existing and potential problems and takes effective action to ensure after care services.
17. As requested, assist in the presentation of in-service education for the interdisciplinary team.
18. Maintains the confidentiality of inmate records and compliance with HIPAA privacy requirements.
LICENSING: None required
CERTIFICATION: None required
EDUCATION: Graduate from an accredited School of Social Work, Case Management, Health Care Management or other related fields.
• Two (2) years of case management or related experience preferred.
• Correctional experience, a plus.
Share This Job