SCHEDULE: Full-Time / 8a-4p
FACILITY: Northern Region
LOCATION: Northern Region
- Performance check-ins with annual merit increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through BlueCross BlueShield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plan
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
- Continuing education options
The Regional Manager assists in the overall management and delivery of healthcare services for the Illinois contract. He/she consults with the Vice President, Operations regarding health services issues of an administrative nature and with regional clinical staff regarding clinical issues. He/she serves as a liaison between Wexford Health and the Illinois Department of Correction; institution administration, department heads, and subordinates. The incumbent helps execute policies and procedures governing staff compliance with health, safety, and security standards within the facilities of the contract. Northern Region- Crest Hill, Joliet, Sheridan
• Provides facility-level management staff with guidance, strategies for facility growth, and operational assistance.
• Conducts periodic staff meetings, and attends facility meetings and training as required.
• Oversees resolution of health care unit personnel issues or complaints, and directly intervenes in problem areas as needed to ensure prompt resolution, involving facility administration, contractors, if applicable, and Wexford Human Resources, as appropriate.
• Enforces compliance with all human resources policies, procedures and programs including workforce planning, recruiting, training and development, compensation and benefits, performance evaluation, and on-boarding. Provides direction and clarity to sites to facilitate effective team dynamics.
• Works with regional personnel to develop objective performance measurements to ensure consistent, high-quality evaluation and goal setting for all sites.
• Assists in the recruitment of qualified regional health services staff. Participates in interviewing and hiring, and approving final selection of new employees.
• Performs performance management functions and supervises performance by conducting coaching “check-ins” and recommends/approves site-level employee developmental interventions when necessary.
• Ensures the availability of in-service education for health service staff, to comply with IDOC, Wexford Health and accrediting agency standards.
• Instills a sense of accountability among the sites through fair and consistent oversight of individual and organization performance standards.
• Interacts with IDOC and facility authorities to facilitate timely and efficient delivery of health care services.
• Monitors labor cost and overtime expenditure, ensuring sites are working within budget.
• Implements procedures to comply with administrative and institutional directives of the facilities and the IDOC.
• Makes sound decisions regarding management and administration of health care services throughout state.
• Reviews daily, weekly, and/or monthly statistical reports.
• Reviews facility Position Control Reports to ensure adherence to staffing contractual obligations.
• Monthly review of Financial Reports for area of responsibility. Explanations of variances, trends, unusual expenses will be required.
• Reviews office, medical, mental health, etc. supply orders being submitted.
• On-going, routine communication with IDOC facility administration (Warden, etc.) to ensure site-level client satisfaction.
• Facilitates routine meetings and perform functions required by administrative directives, including Quality Assurance, Chronic Clinics, Pharmacy and Therapeutics, and Health Care.
• Helps respond to Corporate Risk Management Department inquiries regarding complaints or grievances by patients, family members, lawyers or other advocates. Assists with legal proceedings as needed.
• Participates in preparatory, DOC and credentialing organization audits of health services.
• Helps develop, implement, and monitor corrective action plans designed to resolve audit findings.
• Works jointly with regional training staff and Corporate Training and Program Development Specialist to ensure that appropriate training and New Employee Orientation is available to comply with contract requirements state-wide.
• Monitors the systems, processes and tools to better support the facilitation, collection, and sharing of knowledge generated by the regional office.
• Supports the development of inter-team communication and cohesiveness, sustaining culture and supporting staff during organizational change and growth.
• Participates in local, regional, and national representative meetings related to the trends and developments in Wexford Health and correctional health care.
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
- American Red Cross
- American Heart Association
- American Safety and Health Institute
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Three (3) years experience in health care administration/management with experience in facility operations management, human resources management and/or finance preferred; multi-site healthcare management experience preferred; correctional healthcare experience preferred.
Share This Job