POSITION: Charge Nurse
SCHEDULE: Full-Time / Night Shift
FACILITY: Northern Regional Jail & Correctional Center
LOCATION: Moundsville, West Virginia
A Job Should be MORE than just a paycheck.
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest correctional health care providers. Over the past 30 years, our team of dedicated clinical professionals has helped literally millions of justice-involved patients receive life-changing medical and mental health services.
The majority of our patients come from marginalized or impoverished backgrounds. In many cases, our doctors, nurses, and behavioral health professionals represent the patient’s first experience with quality, compassionate health care.
We heal and rehabilitate thousands of incarcerated patients every day.
When you join Wexford Health, you do more than just further your career.
You also become part of a team-a family-whose mission is to care for patients that cannot care for themselves.
You change lives.
You make a difference.
If you are looking for a position that empowers you to do MORE… then look at Wexford Health.
We’re proud to offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
The Charge Nurse is responsible for directing and overseeing the daily activities of the unit on an assigned shift.
- Coordinates and directs the daily patient care operations of the unit.
- Analyzes workloads and skill requirements to meet patient care needs.
- Assesses staff competencies and makes patient care assignments.
- Delegates appropriate tasks to appropriate personnel, consistent with legal and professional guidelines and departmental standards.
- Maintains clear communications with the DON or RN Supervisor regarding unit needs and/or incidents.
- Serves as a resource person on the unit.
- Assists with patients care as needed.
- Identifies appropriate internal controls for department; provides mechanisms to monitor and enforce compliance.
- Performs related duties as required.
- May be required to be on standby and work extended shifts in situation deemed necessary by a designated DON.
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as required.
Standard medical setting in a correctional facility, which included daily interfacing with inmates/patients, correctional staff, and health care personnel. May be exposed to such occupational hazards as communicable diseases, radiation, chemotherapeutic agents, and disoriented or combative patients.
TRAVEL: Minimal travel required.
LICENSING: Current state nursing license
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in nursing preferred
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Two (2) years clinical experience
Share This Job