SCHEDULE: Full Time 40 Hours Per Week
FACILITY: Central New Mexico CF
LOCATION: Los Lunas, NM
A Job Should be MORE than just a paycheck.
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest correctional health care providers. Over the past 30 years, our team of dedicated clinical professionals has helped literally millions of justice-involved patients receive life-changing medical and mental health services.
The majority of our patients come from marginalized or impoverished backgrounds. In many cases, our doctors, nurses, and behavioral health professionals represent the patient’s first experience with quality, compassionate health care.
We heal and rehabilitate thousands of incarcerated patients every day.
When you join Wexford Health, you do more than just further your career.
You also become part of a team-a family-whose mission is to care for patients that cannot care for themselves.
You change lives.
You make a difference.
If you are looking for a position that empowers you to do MORE… then look at Wexford Health.
Wexford Health offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Performance check-ins with annual merit increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through BlueCross BlueShield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plan
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
- Continuing education options
Practices medicine promoting and providing quality medical care. He/she practices in a manner consistent with his/her clinical privileges as identified and approved during the credentialing process; work collegially and cooperatively with the Medical Director, clinical staff and medical staff; and actively participate in discussions regarding the resolution of problems related to quality of care, patient safety issues and patient complaints/grievances arising at the site. He/she carries out the duties a Primary Care Physician would be expected to perform in an office setting.
- Actively participates in the evaluation, treatment and monitoring of inmate-patient acute and/or chronic medical issues.
- Ensures that the health care unit operation is in compliance with facility standards and that the scope of care provided is appropriate for the staffing and resources available.
- Ensures that sick call processes ensure patient access to medically necessary services.
- Ensures that established suicide prevention programs are implemented to identify, refer and treat patients who are at risk for suicide.
- Participates in the development of proposed priorities for services and programs.
- Participates in discussions regarding the need for new chronic care programs, new medical equipment and selection of general medical supplies and stock medications.
- Assists in the review of corporate, state and site-specific medical practices. Ensure consistency with Wexford Health’s’ overriding objective to promote high-quality medical care.
- Participates in a call rotation, as needed, for the site to ensure 24/7/365 physician coverage and consultation for the clinical and security staff.
- Effectively communicates with the Medical Director and site clinical and administrative staff to keep them informed of issues in a timely manner, including the submission of requested reports
- Actively participates in Wexford Health site meetings/committees when requested.
- Participates in the recruitment/interviewing of qualified medical and clinical staff as requested.
- Participates in scheduling and daily oversight of site-level clinical staff.
- Upon receiving the necessary training and/or instruction, performs other related duties as required or assigned
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
LICENSURE: Current New Mexico Medical license required Current New Mexico Controlled Substance license required Current DEA required
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR Certification, Board certification preferred
EDUCATION: Medical Degree required
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: 2 years experience in an institutional healthcare setting preferred. Correctional healthcare experience preferred.
Share This Job