POSITION: Physical Therapist
SCHEDULE: Full Time 40 Hours Per Week
FACILITY: Central NM CF
LOCATION: Los Lunas, NM
A Job Should be MORE than just a paycheck.
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest correctional health care providers. Over the past 30 years, our team of dedicated clinical professionals has helped literally millions of justice-involved patients receive life-changing medical and mental health services.
The majority of our patients come from marginalized or impoverished backgrounds. In many cases, our doctors, nurses, and behavioral health professionals represent the patient’s first experience with quality, compassionate health care.
We heal and rehabilitate thousands of incarcerated patients every day.
When you join Wexford Health, you do more than just further your career.
You also become part of a team-a family-whose mission is to care for patients that cannot care for themselves.
You change lives.
You make a difference.
If you are looking for a position that empowers you to do MORE… then look at Wexford Health.
Wexford Health offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Performance check-ins with annual merit increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through BlueCross BlueShield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plan
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
- Continuing education options
The Physical Therapist is responsible for the evaluation, assessment and documentation of individual treatment plans. Considerable independence must be used along with the responsibility and accountability that exist in the interpretation of physicians’ orders, patient assessment and the exercise of professional judgment.
1. Perform physical assessment and examination including range of motion, measure of strength, balance and coordination, posture, muscle performance, respiration and motor functions.
2. Provide treatments and procedures according to physician orders.
3. Determine patient’s ability to be independent and reintegrate into general population (or the community or workplace) after injury or illness.
4. Develop treatment plans describing a treatment strategy.
5. Formulate short- and long-term goals and implement treatment plans to meet patient goals.
6. Document all patient interaction, treatment and outcome for quality patient care.
7. Maintain written records and reports as necessary.
8. Participate in staff meetings, department continuing education and other employee meetings.
9. Conform to Wexford Health Sources, Inc. and correctional regulations, as appropriate, to include, but not be limited to: dress code; schedule/time sheet; safety and security regulations
10. Maintains the confidentiality of inmate records
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
LICENSURE: Current New Mexico Physical Therapist license
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR Certification; accredited by the American Physical Therapy Association’s Commission on Accreditation of Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE) preferred
EDUCATION: Degree from an accredited Physical Therapist program
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Minimum 1 year practicing physical therapy
Share This Job