POSITION: MH PA/NP – Can be tele
SCHEDULE: Full Time 30 Hours Per Week
FACILITY: Springer Correctional Center
LOCATION: Springer, NM
A Job Should be MORE than just a paycheck.
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest correctional health care providers. Over the past 30 years, our team of dedicated clinical professionals has helped literally millions of justice-involved patients receive life-changing medical and mental health services.
The majority of our patients come from marginalized or impoverished backgrounds. In many cases, our doctors, nurses, and behavioral health professionals represent the patient’s first experience with quality, compassionate health care.
We heal and rehabilitate thousands of incarcerated patients every day.
When you join Wexford Health, you do more than just further your career.
You also become part of a team-a family-whose mission is to care for patients that cannot care for themselves.
You change lives.
You make a difference.
If you are looking for a position that empowers you to do MORE… then look at Wexford Health.
Wexford Health offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Performance check-ins with annual merit increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through BlueCross BlueShield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plan
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
- Continuing education options
Provides basic medical/mental health services under the supervision of a licensed physician. Utilizes professional medical skills to meet a variety of physical and mental health care needs, with primary care as primary focus. Interacts with a variety of health care professionals and security staff in a correctional environment
- Supports and provides direction for the psychiatric and behavioral health care delivery system and coordinates with the other functions within the institution.
- Performs physical examinations as required.
- Responsible for emergency care in critical conditions.
- Provides documentation in accordance with unit policies and procedures utilizing the SOAPE charting format.
- Monitors and ensures the appropriate utilization of psychotropic medications
- Initiates requests for commonly performed initial laboratory studies.
- Identifies normal and abnormal findings on history, physical examination, and commonly performed laboratory studies.
- Dispenses, prescribes and administers medications as specified in the drug formulary protocol for PA/NPs and as approved by the appropriate regulatory boards.
- Provides counseling and instruction regarding common patient problems.
- Upon receiving the necessary training and/or instruction, performs other related duties as required or assigned
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
LICENSURE: Current New Mexico Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant license required Current New Mexico Controlled Substance license preferred Current DEA preferred
CERTIFICATION: Advanced Practical Nurse or Physician Assistant’s Certification required Current CPR certification required
EDUCATION: Graduate of college/university Advanced Practical Nurse or Physician Assistant program
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: 2 years clinical experience preferred. Correctional healthcare experience a plus
Share This Job