POSITION: Staff Assistant
SCHEDULE: Per Diem (PRN/as needed)
FACILITY: Kewanee Life Skills Re-Entry Center
LOCATION: Kewanee, Illinois
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is a member of the Wexford family: a group of the nation’s leading innovative correctional health care companies. At Wexford Health Sources, Inc., our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
Under the direct supervision of the designated Wexford manager, provides general secretarial and receptionist services to the Administrative Director(s) of the Unit.
- Performs clerical/technical duties.
- Prepares and types reports/correspondence for manager(s).
- Answers telephone, relays messages and transfers calls as appropriate.
- Develops and maintains filing system for all material.
- Schedules appointments for manager(s), and offender appointments as requested.
- Prepares offender call/movement passes as requested.
- Collects, sorts and distributes daily mail.
- Orders and/or monitors office and/or medical supplies levels.
- Takes minutes of meetings and other dictation as requested.
- Maintains offender correspondence file.
- Coordinates or provides clerical assistance for Telehealth (videoconferencing) clinics as requested.
- Assists with organizing and/or sorting staff timekeeping and payroll if requested.
- Creates documents and/or utilizes Word and/or Excel to track different aspects of medical care as requested.
- Manipulates information within Excel to provide medical statistics or reporting.
- Uses the appropriate computer program to track patient care consistent with IDOC Administrative and Institutional Directives or other established criteria as directed.
- Refers all clinical decision making to clinical staff or immediate supervisor and at no time acts to provide clinical opinion, clinical decisions or clinical direction to patients.
- Assists with IDOC/Wexford Health reconciliation process as requested.
- Ensures confidentiality of all offender/employee medical records and/or employee personnel files. Refers to the supervisor any requests of questionable nature.
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as required.
Standard medical setting in a correctional facility, which includes daily interfacing with inmates, correctional staff, and health care personnel.
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
TRAVEL: No travel required.
LICENSING: None required.
MINIMAL QUALIFICATION: Successfully passes electronic testing for Word, Excel and Basic clerical duties.
OTHER PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
•Strong verbal and written communication skills
•Strong interpersonal skills
•Demonstrated experience meeting multiple deadlines. Must ensure documents are ready for review well in advance of any deadline.
•Ability to competently manage multiple priorities simultaneously
•Ability to work in a stressful environment
•Must be a “team-player” as this position requires daily coordination with other coworkers
EDUCATION: High school graduate or equivalent.
Share This Job