At Wexford Health our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
Wexford Health has an exceptional opportunity for a Physical Therapy Assistant to join our team of healthcare professionals at Stateville NRC in Crest Hill, IL.
We’re proud to offer a competitive benefits package including
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
Under the supervision of a licensed Physical Therapist, the Physical Therapy Assistant is responsible for provision and documentation of individual physical therapy treatment as outlined by the evaluating physical therapist. Deviation from original treatment plans can only be done after consulting the physical therapist.
- Provide treatments and procedures defined by the physical therapist and within his/her education and demonstrated competencies.
- Document offender encounters, offender response, effectiveness, complications and progress
- Document and maintain appropriate in-house documentation requirements
- Ensure cleanliness and order of the physical therapy room. Communicate to supervisor equipment in need of repair and supplies needed, as well as deficiencies within the unit.
- Respect dignity and confidentially of offenders.
- Assist physical therapist, physician and nursing staff as assigned.
- Maintain confidentiality of inmate records.
- Approach changes in a positive manner. Make suggestions for improving work conditions to the Medical Director
- Accept constructive criticism in stressful situations.
- Upon receiving the necessary training and/or instruction, perform other duties as required or assigned.
- Conform to Wexford Health Sources, Inc. and facility regulations as appropriate, to include but not limited to:
- Dress Code
- Schedule/time sheets
- Safety and security regulations
- Procedures for sick leave/vacation time/education seminars
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as required.
Standard medical setting in a correctional facility, which includes daily interfacing with inmates, correctional staff, and health care personnel. Temperature extremes may be encountered while moving throughout the facility outdoors and indoors in buildings without air conditioning.
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
TRAVEL: Minimal travel required.
LICENSING: Currently licensed as a Physical Therapy Assistant
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification
EDUCATION: Graduate from an certified physical therapy assistant program
- Two (2) year post degree clinical experience
- Correctional experience
Share This Job