WEXFORD - ALABAMA DOC
POSITION: Activity Technician
SCHEDULE: 8a-4:30p (Monday-Friday) Sat/Sun off)
FACILITY: Donaldson Correctional Facility
LOCATION: Bessemer, Alabama
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is a member of the Wexford family: a group of the nation’s leading innovative correctional health care companies. At Wexford Health Sources, Inc., our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
- Serves as an assistant to mental health service providers and persons with mental health problems.
- Contributes to unit development and implementation of written andor verbally directed clinical procedures; provides feedback on the progress of each inmate patient to the treatment team and participates in treatment planning development.
- Maintains programming and activity operations in accordance with established clinical and administrative requirements and applicable licensure, certification and accreditation standards.
- Plans and conducts a variety of specifically assigned client activities in therapeutic recreation and music, and provides supervision and leadership of activities appropriate to the program while maintaining, requesting and organizing therapeutic activity supplies.
- Actively engages and supervises inmate patients in physical activities, mental stimulation and general education activities to monitor client behavior and foster socially acceptable behavior patterns, providing individual instruction as required.
Wexford Health offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Performance check-ins with annual merit increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through BlueCross BlueShield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plan
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
- Continuing education options
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s level degree in Psychology, Social Work, Recreational Therapy or other activity-related area of study
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Experience working in correctional behavioral health services strongly preferred
Share This Job