WEXFORD - NMCD CONTRACT
Wexford Health has an exceptional opportunity for a part-time Administrative Assistant to join our team of healthcare professionals at Central NM Correctional Facility in Los Lunas, NM.
The Administrative Assistant performs general administrative office assignments and functions as a communication link to and within the healthcare unit. His/her responsibilities may include medical record keeping and timekeeping.
Process correspondence in a timely and systematic manner.
- Receive and route correspondence to the Health Services Administrator and other personnel within and outside the healthcare unit, as appropriate
- Prepare and send out-going correspondence
- Distribute meeting minutes and action item lists to committee members and other personnel as required.
- Answers healthcare unit phone and routes calls appropriately. Takes phone messages as necessary.
- Schedule meetings, appointments and work assignments to meet deadlines.
- Schedule meetings and appointments, and notify those attending
- Schedule contract physician hours as requested by Medical Director.
- Attend staff meetings; record and transcribe meeting minutes, and prepare action items lists.
- Assist the Health Services Administrator event planning.
- Prepare calendar to reflect scheduled events.
- Contact vendors and prepare for events as required
- Compile and prepare reports and documents.
- Assist with the preparation of payroll for all site employees as appropriate.
- Prepare clinical and operational reports for the HSA and Medical Director
- Compile projects and reports from other healthcare staff as assigned by the HSA.
- Classify and file all documents to be maintained in the office.
- Create a uniform filing system to ensure all necessary documents are kept in an organized manner.
- Protect confidentiality of information in written and verbal communications.
- Maintain compliance with HIPAA regulations
- Communicate effectively and demonstrate professionalism, respect, concern and courtesy in all interpersonal communications.
- Facilitate communication between the Health Services Administrator and other healthcare personnel by providing information concerning procedures, reports, directives and instructions in an accurate, concise, and timely manner.
- Interact with correctional staff positively and cooperatively
- Monitor supplies, maintenance of equipment, and other services.
- Adhere to Wexford’s policies and procedures to enhance the operation of the healthcare unit.
- Adhere to attendance policy
- Report to work on time
- Adhere to safety and security policies.
- Maintains the confidentiality of all correspondence and files.
- Approaches change in a positive manner.
- Make suggestions for improving work conditions to the Health Services Administrator.
- Maintains composure in stressful situations.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent
·Minimum two (2) years administrative experience.
·Type a minimum of fifty (50) words per minute.
·Proficient in the use of computer, facsimile, scanner, and copying equipment.
·Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Power Point, Excel, and Microsoft Access
·Correctional experience a plus
Current CPR Certification
OTHER KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS/ABILITIES:
·Strong interpersonal skills
·Strong verbal and communication skills
·Must possess critical thinking skills and ability to independently solve problems
·General math and analytical skills, and planning, administrative and organizational skills essential.
·Must be a committed self-starter, possess excellent editing skills, have the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a highly collaborative team environment
·Must be a highly organized and detail-oriented individual who is capable of performing under a variety of requirements and deadlines with minimal supervision
Share This Job