WEXFORD - ALABAMA DOC
Wexford Health Sources, one of the nation’s leading innovative correctional health care companies, provides clients with experienced management and technologically advanced services, combined with programs that control costs while ensuring quality. For nearly two decades, Wexford Health has consistently delivered proven staffing expertise and a full range of medical, behavioral health, pharmacy, utilization management, provider contracting, claims processing, and quality management services.
At Wexford Health our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
Wexford Health has an exceptional opportunity for a Assistant Director of Nursing to join our team of healthcare professionals at Tutwiler Correctional Facility in Wetumpka, AL.
We’re proud to offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
The Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) works with the Director of Nursing in structuring comprehensive planning and implementing the Nursing Services program that guides the delivery of a quality health care program. Also responsible for delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. Also directs and guides patient teaching activities and ancillary personnel, while maintaining standards of professional nursing.
- Participate and/or direct planning, priority setting and the development of policies and procedures for health care activities that are in compliance with contractual requirements, Department of Corrections and national standards.
- Coordinate and monitor orientation, in-services and continuing education within Nursing Services. Responsible for coordinating and providing clinical orientation and nursing in-service training.
- Coordinate the development, provision and evaluation of patient care according to the standards of quality care.
- Conduct recruitment/retention efforts for Nursing Services.
- Participate in the development and administration of a budget for Nursing Services.
- Participates in any Nursing Services committees (e.g., Utilization Review, Quality Assurance, Infection Control, etc.); develop and implement procedures, audits and nursing in-services.
- Receive and review daily outpatient and infirmary reports
- Conduct regular meetings with nursing staff and ensure the practice of nursing is consistent with current standards.
- Act as Administrator on call for nursing emergencies or nursing staff needs.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of staff schedule for Nursing Service in accordance with contract terms of nursing coverage. Responsible for making changes in time schedules, if applicable.
- Serve as representative for, and/or liaison between, nursing services and other health care providers, as well as Health Services Administrator, and coordinate patient care with other departments.
- Provide guidance to the nursing staff in patient care problems and following established protocols, and delegate responsibility within the scope of the employee’s abilities
- Support and participate in evaluation designed to improve work conditions and patient care. Evaluate employees’ performance to ensure and maintain quality care.
- Keep abreast of and follow through on incidents occurring on all shifts.
- Assists the Director of Nursing in the investigation of employee performance/conduct issues and assists in the development and delivery of corrective action to address performance and/or conduct issues.
- Assists the Director of Nursing and the HSA with collection of nursing personnel’s licensure/certifications and helps ensure that all staff has current credentials.
- Review all discrepancies in sharps and tool counts, investigate, reconcile and forward written findings to the HSA.
- Review all medication errors and forward written findings to the Director of Nursing.
- Prepare and submit monthly reports to the Director of Nursing.
- Assist in responding to applicable grievances.
- Assess established policies and review policies as needed.
- Submit monthly report of audits.
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are not all-inclusive and are for payroll purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as required.
Standard medical setting in a correctional facility, which includes daily interfacing with inmates, correctional staff, and health care personnel. Temperature extremes may be encountered while moving throughout the facility outdoors and indoors in buildings without air conditioning.
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
LICENSING: Current Alabama Registered Nursing License
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification
EDUCATION: Graduate of an accredited nursing school; BSN, preferred
- Minimum one to two (1-2) years of experience in a supervisory nursing role, preferred
- Minimum of one (1) year of administrative and/or correctional nursing experience preferred
Share This Job