WEXFORD - IDOC CONTRACT
POSITION: Certified Nursing Assistant
SCHEDULE: Full-Time–11p-7a alt M/F EOW off
FACILITY: Pinckneyville Correctional Center
LOCATION: Pinckneyville, Illinois
Wexford Health offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual increase
- 40 Paid Days Off
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plan with 50% match
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
- Continuing education options
Under the direct supervision of the designated Wexford Health manager and clinical supervision from the Director of Nursing, Registered Nurses, Medical Director and/or IDOC personnel as appropriate, the CNA will assist nursing staff with daily operations.
The Certified Nursing Assistant will assist nursing staff in direct patient care activities as assigned.
- Assists inmates with activities of daily living such as feeding, bathing, bed making, shaving, dressing and other related tasks.
- Assists in checking vital signs, height and weight as assigned; collects and maintains records of fluid intake and output; reports on the condition of inmates.
- Follows established inflection control practices and emergency protocols.
- Assists inmates in wheel chairs, on stretchers and ambulating.
- Promotes and encourages patient hydration and elimination.
- Assists inmates with ambulation, turning and repositioning, and range of motion activities.
- Cleanse bedside units, workrooms and equipment; assists nursing staff with washing and sterilizing equipment.
- Prepares and maintains written reports and records as assigned.
- Assists with medications ordinarily self-administered when specifically ordered by a physician.
- Responds to call lights promptly and courteously.
- Receives formal and on the job training in the theory and techniques of direct care support.
- Receives close supervision; work is reviewed through inspections and observations.
- Maintains confidentiality of inmate records.
- Approaches change in a positive manner.
- Makes suggestions for improving work conditions to the Medical Director.
- Accepts constructive criticism in stressful situations.
- Upon receiving the necessary training and/or instruction, perform other duties as required or assigned.
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
TRAVEL: No travel required.
LICENSING: None required.
CERTIFICATION: Nursing Assistant certificate
EXPERIENCE: 0-2 years
EDUCATION: Completion of a certification program from an accredited Nursing Assistant program.
Share This Job