WEXFORD - WVDOC CONTRACT
Certified Nursing Assistant
36 hours + DAY Shift 7:30 AM – 8:00PM
needed at St Marys Correctional Center!
SHIFT DIFFERENTIALS FOR EVENINGS/NIGHTS!
Wexford Health Sources, one of the nation’s leading innovative correctional health care companies and partner with the West Virginia Division of Corrections and Rehabilitation, provides clients with experienced management and technologically advanced services, combined with programs that control costs while ensuring quality.
We’re proud to offer a competitive benefits package including
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Eight Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
Provides basic health care services under the Supervision of a licensed physician. Utilizes professional medical skills to meet a variety of health care needs. Interacts with a variety of health care professionals and security staff in a correctional environment.
- Perform physical assessment and examination including obtaining medical history and vital signs during medical encounters and document findings in the medical record.
- Provide treatments and procedures according to physician orders and EMT protocols.
- Assist with admission and discharge of infirmary care patients.
- Prepare patients for minor surgery.
- Supervise inmates assigned to the health unit.
- Provide screening and triage, according to written protocols, for routine sick call and emergencies with referral to professional staff for situations beyond the scope of their protocols.
- Provide daily sick call screening in confinement areas.
- Participate in quality management committees and activities.
- Perform basic life support provided the employee holds a current American Heart Association.
- Adheres to Universal Precautions and other appropriate infection control practices.
- Initiate intravenous infusing during a medical emergency.
- Assist patient/inmate with activities of daily living and document such care in the medical record.
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as required.
Standard medical setting in a correctional facility.
- Current CPR certification; Current certification as Nurse Assistant, Medical Assistant or Emergency Medical Technician as appropriate.
- Current CPR certification
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Two (2) years providing health support services
Share This Job