WEXFORD - WVDOC CONTRACT
needed on NIGHT SHIFT at
Northern Regional Jail & Correctional Center
in Moundsville, WV.
Hourly Rate + Night Shift Differential
Wexford Health Sources, the nation’s leading innovative correctional health care company, provides clients with experienced management and technologically advanced services, combined with programs that control costs while ensuring quality. For nearly two decades, Wexford Health has consistently delivered proven staffing expertise and a full range of medical, behavioral health, pharmacy, utilization management, provider contracting, claims processing, and quality management services.
We’re proud to offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
The Charge Nurse is responsible for directing and overseeing the daily activities of the unit on an assigned shift.
- Coordinates and directs the daily patient care operations of the unit.
- Analyzes workloads and skill requirements to meet patient care needs.
- Assesses staff competencies and makes patient care assignments.
- Delegates appropriate tasks to appropriate personnel, consistent with legal and professional guidelines and departmental standards.
- Maintains clear communications with the DON or RN Supervisor regarding unit needs and/or incidents.
- Serves as a resource person on the unit.
- Assists with patients care as needed.
- Identifies appropriate internal controls for department; provides mechanisms to monitor and enforce compliance.
- Performs related duties as required.
- May be required to be on standby and work extended shifts in situation deemed necessary by a designated DON.
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as required.
Standard medical setting in a correctional facility, which included daily interfacing with inmates/patients, correctional staff, and health care personnel. May be exposed to such occupational hazards as communicable diseases, radiation, chemotherapeutic agents, and disoriented or combative patients.
TRAVEL: Minimal travel required.
LICENSING: Current state nursing license
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in nursing preferred
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Two (2) years clinical experience
Share This Job