BANTRY CORP - CONTRACT
POSITION: Claims Clerical Support – Administrative Assistant
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 8AM-4:30PM **this is an onsite position
LOCATION: Wexford Health Corporate office in Green Tree
501 Holiday Drive
Foster Plaza 4, Suite 300
Pittsburgh, PA 15220
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- 3% Incentive Compensation bonus eligibility
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
Under general supervision, performs and/or oversees a variety of claims related administrative functions.
- Support the Claims Department team
- Manage all incoming claims; sort and batch for the team
- Enter information into system
- Address incoming calls and inquiries from our provider networks
- All correspondence and phone communication will be with our medical partner
- Provide administrative support to the claims department.
- Opening and reviewing of new correspondence/incoming claims, distribution of urgent correspondence and the ability to recognize correspondence which requires immediate attention.
- Daily sorting, batching, date-stamping, and filing of incoming claims.
- Complete daily tasks in a timely manner including, mail sorting, copying, batching, faxing and identifying of priority items.
- Work with claims manager to coordinate check runs, and the mailing of checks and remittances.
- Prepare weekly/monthly reports as needed.
- Prepare documents for off-site storage.
- Assist claims department on special projects or assignments.
- Assist with provider mailings.
- Maintains confidentiality of records.
- Makes suggestions for improving work conditions to the senior management team.
- Support Wexford Health corporate and regional staff as needed.
- Must be a team player.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND SKILLS:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to accept direction and make decisions
- Flexible and adaptable to changing business needs
- Good organizational skills and detail oriented
- Ability to balance multiple tasks and prioritize workload
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Approaches changes in a positive manner
- Accepts constructive criticism in stressful situations
- Experience with Office Equipment (i.e., fax, copier, folding machine, postage machine)
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience providing clerical, secretarial or administrative support, preferably in the healthcare environment.
Share This Job