BANTRY CORP - CONTRACT
POSITION: Clinical Operations Specialist – Jails division
**RN license required, Corrections experience preferred
LOCATION: Remote/ Significant travel to facilities. Local to IL, PA or WV
- The Clinical Operations Specialist is responsible to provide leadership, direction, and support in the professional development of Health Services Administrators and Directors of Nursing within the Wexford Health Jails Division.
- The Clinical Operations Specialist will apply the knowledge, skills, and ability necessary to provide guidance in obtaining operational goals and objectives, developing policies and procedures for health care operations that are in compliance with contractual requirements, and in clinical decisions.
- The Clinical Operations Specialist is also responsible for monitoring compliance with all federal and state legislation, accreditation requirements (NCCHC, ACA, etc.), and Wexford Health policies and procedures.
- Works closely with the operations management team to thoroughly orient new Health Services Administrators (HSA) and to provide ongoing mentoring and support.
- Participates in the development, implementation, and evaluation of orientation and continuing education for all levels of nursing staff.
- May provide staff training and development programs as well as technical advice; interpret complex NCCHC policy; provide procedural steps to assigned facility staff to enhance their skills in resolving problems related to these areas.
- May prepare budgetary recommendations and review of requisitions for supplies and equipment requested by staff. Assists the operations management team by monitoring facility labor and overtime, ensuring site(s) are working within budget.
- May develop or review staff schedules to ensure efficient delivery of all contracted services.
- Works with operations team to ensure policies and procedures comply with contract requirements and makes recommendations for change when needed.
- Provides recommendations to the operations management team and participates in decision making on action plans, education, outcome studies, and utilization of services.
- Conducts routine site visits, ensuring both employee and client engagement during each visit.
- Identifies strategies that will maximize collaboration between operations and clinical personnel.
- Assists in the recruitment of qualified staff and participates in the interviewing and selection of new employees.
- Instills a sense of accountability among team members through fair and consistent oversight of individual and organization performance standards.
- May be required to fill in for vacant key personnel positions i.e., HSA, DON, Regional Operations for an extended period of time.
- May complete Quality audits, scorecards and contract compliance audits and provide reports to supervisory personnel. Works closely with the Wexford Health Quality Management team to maintain CQI standards and measures and to design and implement effective processes and programs to improve quality care and ensure compliance.
- Provides assistance to sites with audits and all that entails, including mock audits, corrective action plans, and file/folder builds (NCCHC, ACA, State DOC audits, and Quarterly Scorecard assessments).
Wexford Health offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Performance check-ins with annual merit increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through BlueCross BlueShield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plan
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
- Continuing education options
**REQUIREMENTS/ KEY DETAILS**
TRAVEL: Extensive travel to site facilities is required
LICENSING: Current unrestricted RN license required in state of PA, multi-state license ideal
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification
EDUCATION: Graduate of nursing school required. Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing preferred. Additional years of administrative and/or correctional nursing experience can be substituted for BSN.
- Experience in corrections
- Experience in a supervisory/leadership nursing role preferred
- NCCHC and/or ACA knowledge and experience a plus
Share This Job