BANTRY CORP - CONTRACT
POSITION: Hepatitis C Data Coordinator
SCHEDULE: Full-Time Monday through Friday
LOCATION: Albuquerque, NM
A Job Should be MORE than just a paycheck.
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest correctional health care providers. Over the past 30 years, our team of dedicated clinical professionals has helped literally millions of justice-involved patients receive life-changing medical and mental health services.
The majority of our patients come from marginalized or impoverished backgrounds. In many cases, our doctors, nurses, and behavioral health professionals represent the patient’s first experience with quality, compassionate health care.
We heal and rehabilitate thousands of incarcerated patients every day.
When you join Wexford Health, you do more than just further your career.
You also become part of a team-a family-whose mission is to care for patients that cannot care for themselves.
You change lives.
You make a difference.
If you are looking for a position that empowers you to do MORE… then look at Wexford Health.
• Annual review with performance increase
• Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
• Paid holidays
• Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
• Dental and Vision insurance
• 401(k) retirement saving plans
• Company-paid short-term disability
• Healthcare and dependent care spending account
The Statewide Hepatitis C (HCV) Data Coordinator plans, develops, directs, implements and evaluates Hepatitis C data for the Hepatitis C Elimination Project. The incumbent is responsible for creating and maintaining a Hepatitis C project database to include the tracking for all cases treated/not treated and the outcome. In addition, the incumbent generates reports containing data used to analyze trends.
The Statewide Hepatitis C Data Coordinator specializes in receiving, organizing, storing and summarizing Hepatitis C information and statistics sent to him/her by the Regional Hepatitis C Nurse Coordinator and other staff within the correctional facilities. Uses that Hepatitis C data to generate reports, spreadsheets, graphs, etc. that are submitted to the NMCD. He/she ensures that protocols are completed consistently and that there is verifiable data to back health services activities. The Data Coordinator is also expected to act as a consultant for others who utilize the data he/she processes.
- Designs spreadsheets, forms, and develops processes for receiving, processing, storing and/or tracking Hepatitis C control data of offenders in the custody of NMCD.
- Processes clinical data including receipt, entry, verification, or storage of information.
- Designs and maintains databases, queries, reports (i.e., Hep C logs), and graphics and data-analysis tools and performs data entry, check reviews, and database audits.
- Develops clear clinical data sets enabling the standardized collection and analysis of HCV data in a timely manner and with a high level of accuracy.
- Performs quality control audits to ensure accuracy, completeness, or proper usage of clinical systems and data.
- Confers with end users to define or implement clinical system requirements such as report formats, delivery schedules, and testing protocols.
- Provides support and information to field staff, to improve accuracy of reporting.
- Contributes to the compilation, organization, and production of protocols, clinical study reports, regulatory submissions, or other controlled documentation.
- Analyzes clinical data using appropriate analytical tools.
- Establishes and maintains interpersonal relationships. Develops constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintains them over time.
- Communicates with people outside the organization; represents the organization to customers, the public, and other external sources. This information can be exchanged in person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail.
- Participates in department meetings/Hepatitis C committees and assists sites in establishing action plans, as needed.
- Documents and identifies problems, initiates memos, fliers, and educational materials.
- Maintains confidentiality of inmate records.
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
LICENSING: None required
CERTIFICATION: None required
- Minimum two (2) years administrative experience preferred
- Type a minimum of fifty (50) words per minute preferred
- Proficient in the use of computer, facsimile, scanner, and copying equipment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (i.e., Outlook, Word, Power Point, Excel, Access, etc.)
- Experience working with large amounts of data; data collection and creating/organizing spreadsheets preferred
Share This Job