WEXFORD - WVDOC CONTRACT
needed at Denmar Correctional Center
Tuesday’s – 8a-4:30pm
*No experience needed, we will train you!
Wexford Health Sources, one of the nation’s leading innovative correctional health care companies, provides clients with experienced management and technologically advanced services, combined with programs that control costs while ensuring quality. For nearly two decades, Wexford Health has consistently delivered proven staffing expertise and a full range of medical, behavioral health, pharmacy, utilization management, provider contracting, claims processing, and quality management services.
At Wexford Health our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
Under immediate supervision a dental assistant performs non-professional work assisting the dentist during examination and treatment of patients and in the routine handling of instruments, and supplies.
- Maintains supplies, materials and records of treatment.
- Sets up instruments, equipment and supplies as directed by the dentist or dental hygienist.
- Prepares the patient for treatment.
- Ensures proper clean up, packaging and sterilizing of instruments.
- Assist in instruction of patients in proper dental hygiene.
- Accurately records services in the patient’s medical record, as directed by the dentist.
- Receives instructions from the dental hygienist (if available) and provide assistance when requested.
- Assists in screenings for dental emergencies and sick call.
- Provides chair-side assistance by keeping operating field clear, passing instruments and suctioning.
- Scrubs and sterilizes instruments.
- Mixes restorative materials.
- Assists in taking intra-oral x-rays in accordance with proper radiological hygiene.
- Develops and mounts x-ray films.
- Performs intra-oral tasks as defined by law.
- Maintains x-ray unit, processor, autoclave and dental unit according to specifications.
- Inventories supplies and equipment to maintain adequate levels.
- Orders supplies and equipment as needed.
- Ensures there is sufficient number of trays set up for the day’s patients, pulpotomy, caries control, amalgam and Perio/scaling.
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of dental clinic.
- Performs other duties as required.
- The assistant must be CPR certified, skilled in recognizing the symptoms of shock and fainting, and must be prepared to provide necessary aid as directed during emergency procedures.
- Responsible for dental office security to include instrument, drug and needle counts.
- Maintains constant alertness to conditions that might endanger the security of the institution, personnel and residents.
- Maintains dental charts.
- Records dental findings
- Schedules patients for dental appointments.
- Prepares patient’s schedule for escort officer.
Once each week:
- Cleans developer
- Cleans autoclave
Once each month:
- Scrubs all drains with soap and water.
- Cleans examination lights, dental unit, x-ray unit film processor.
- Changes wet tank chemicals.
- Submits monthly report to the Health Care Unit Administrator.
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as required.
Dental clinic setting within a correctional facility.
TRAVEL: Minimal travel required.
- Preferably registered or certified by a professional association
- Current CPR certification.
EDUCATION: High School Graduate or GED certificate.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Experience working in a dental setting and/or correctional health care preferred.
Share This Job