WEXFORD - NMCD CONTRACT
SCHEDULE: Part Time, 2 – 10 hour shifts per week
FACILITY: Guadalupe County Correctional Facility
LOCATION: Santa Rosa, NM
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is a member of the Wexford family: a group of the nation’s leading innovative correctional health care companies. At Wexford Health Sources, Inc., our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
- Under direct clinical supervision of the Dentist, a Dental Assistant performs non-professional work assisting the Dentist during examination and treatment of patients and in the routine handling of instruments and supplies
- Maintains supplies, materials and records of treatment.
- Sets up instruments, equipment and supplies as directed by the Dentist.
- Prepares the patient for treatment and helps patients feel comfortable before, during and after dental treatment.
- Ensures proper clean up, packaging and sterilizing of instruments.
- Assist in instruction of patients in proper dental hygiene, and screenings for dental emergencies and sick call
- Provides chair-side assistance by keeping operating field clear, passing instruments and suctioning.
- Performs administrative responsibilities including maintaining dental charts; recording dental findings; scheduling patients’ dental appointments; preparing patient’s schedule for escort officer; maintaining all dental logs; and inputting information into the appropriate computer record.
- Scrubs all drains; cleans examination lights, dental unit, x-ray unit film processor; changes wet tank chemicals on a monthly basis. Submits a sanitation report to the HSA.
- Responsible for dental office security to include instrument, drug and needle counts. Maintains constant alertness to conditions that might endanger the security of the institution, personnel and inmates.
Wexford Health offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Performance check-ins with annual merit increase (if applicable)
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through BlueCross BlueShield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plan
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
- Continuing education options
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
- Expanded Functions OR Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) Certification
- Dental Radiology Certification (if not included in above certification)
- Current CPR Certification
EDUCATION: High School graduate or GED certificate
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Experience working in a dental setting and/or correctional health care preferred.
Share This Job