WEXFORD - NMCD CONTRACT
POSITION: Dental Assistant
SCHEDULE: Part-Time (20 hours per week)
FACILITY: Springer Correctional Center
LOCATION: Springer, NM
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is a member of the Wexford family: a group of the nation’s leading innovative correctional health care companies. At Wexford Health Sources, Inc., our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
- Under direct clinical supervision of the Dentist, a Dental Assistant performs non-professional work assisting the Dentist during examination and treatment of patients and in the routine handling of instruments and supplies
- Maintains supplies, materials and records of treatment.
- Sets up instruments, equipment and supplies as directed by the Dentist.
- Prepares the patient for treatment and helps patients feel comfortable before, during and after dental treatment.
- Ensures proper clean up, packaging and sterilizing of instruments.
- Assist in instruction of patients in proper dental hygiene, and screenings for dental emergencies and sick call
- Provides chair-side assistance by keeping operating field clear, passing instruments and suctioning.
- Performs administrative responsibilities including maintaining dental charts; recording dental findings; scheduling patients’ dental appointments; preparing patient’s schedule for escort officer; maintaining all dental logs; and inputting information into the appropriate computer record.
- Scrubs all drains; cleans examination lights, dental unit, x-ray unit film processor; changes wet tank chemicals on a monthly basis. Submits a sanitation report to the HSA.
- Responsible for dental office security to include instrument, drug and needle counts. Maintains constant alertness to conditions that might endanger the security of the institution, personnel and inmates.
- 401(k) retirement saving plan
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
- Expanded Functions OR Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) Certification
- Dental Radiology Certification (if not included in above certification)
- Current CPR Certification
EDUCATION: High School graduate or GED certificate
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Experience working in a dental setting and/or correctional health care preferred.
Share This Job