WEXFORD - IDOC CONTRACT
POSITION: Dental Assistant
SCHEDULE: 7a-3p M-F
FACILITY: Shawnee CC
LOCATION: Vienna, IL
A Job Should be MORE than just a paycheck.
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest correctional health care providers. Over the past 30 years, our team of dedicated clinical professionals has helped literally millions of justice-involved patients receive life-changing medical and mental health services.
The majority of our patients come from marginalized or impoverished backgrounds. In many cases, our doctors, nurses, and behavioral health professionals represent the patient’s first experience with quality, compassionate health care.
We heal and rehabilitate thousands of incarcerated patients every day.
When you join Wexford Health, you do more than just further your career.
You also become part of a team-a family-whose mission is to care for patients that cannot care for themselves.
You change lives.
You make a difference.
If you are looking for a position that empowers you to do MORE… then look at Wexford Health.
Wexford Health offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual increase
- 40 Paid Days off Per Year
- Comprehensive health insurance through BlueCross BlueShield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plan with 50% match
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
- Continuing education options
Under the direct supervision of the Wexford Health Dentist, performs non-professional work assisting the Dentist during examination and treatment of patients and in the routine handling of instruments, and supplies. Utilizes electronic medical record system as applicable throughout the scope of duties and responsibilities.
- Maintains supplies, materials and records of treatment.
- Sets up instruments, equipment and supplies as directed by the dentist or dental hygienist.
- Assist the dentist, as directed, in providing dental care to residents.
- Prepares the patient for treatment.
- Ensures proper clean up, packaging and sterilizing of instruments.
- Assists in instruction of patients in proper dental hygiene.
- Accurately records services in the patient’s medical record, as directed by the dentist
- Receives instructions from the dental hygienist (if available) and provides assistance when requested.
- Assists in screenings for dental emergencies and sick call.
- Provides chair-side assistance by keeping operating field clear, passing instruments and suctioning.
- Scrubs and sterilizes instruments.
- Mixes restorative materials.
- Assists in taking intra-oral x-rays in accordance with proper radiological hygiene.
- Develops and mounts x-ray films.
- Performs intra-oral tasks as defined by law.
- Maintains x-ray unit, processor, autoclave and dental unit according to specifications.
- Inventories supplies and equipment to maintain adequate levels.
- Orders supplies and equipment as needed.
- Ensures there is sufficient number of trays set up for the day’s patients, pulpotomy, caries control, amalgam and Perio/scaling.
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of dental clinic.
- Upon receiving the necessary training and/or instruction, perform other duties as required or assigned.
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
LICENSING: Experience working in a dental setting and/or correctional health care.
Prior experience with use of electronic medical record system.
CERTIFICATION: Preferably registered or certified by professional association. CPR certification required.
EDUCATION: High School Graduate or GED certificate.
Share This Job