WEXFORD - IDOC CONTRACT
At Wexford Health our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
Wexford Health has an exceptional opportunity for a Dental Hygienist to join our team of healthcare professionals at Sheridan Correctional Center in Sheridan, IL.
Work Monday and Friday 8a-6p
We’re proud to offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
Under the direct supervision of a dentist, performs technical and advisory services in oral or dental hygiene involving oral prophylaxis. Under the supervision of a dentist, may perform educational and organizational work in promoting oral hygiene.
- Sets up clinic as assigned by supervisor.
- Scaling and cleaning of teeth as prescribed by dentist.
- Assists Dentist in administering fluoride treatments.
- Assists Dentist in completing dental x-rays.
- Accurately records services in the medical record of the patient and classify dental conditions utilizing APHA standards.
- Screens for dental emergencies and sick call.
- Checks and maintain instruments, equipment and supplies including ordering replacements and submitting work orders.
- Completes oral prophylactic care including set up of instruments, equipment and supplies.
- Ensures proper cleanup, packaging and sterilizing of instruments.
- Maintains a clean and orderly working environment.
- Instructs dental assistant in proper techniques and other training as directed.
- Develop oral hygiene education program for residents.
- Participate in in-service education.
- Curettage and polishing of teeth.
- Instructs patients about oral hygiene and proper care of teeth.
- Maintains cleanliness and sterile conditions of dental unit.
- Assists dentist at clinic sessions.
- Ensures continuity of care.
- Makes appropriate entries on patient’s dental chart.
- Supplies data for clinic reports.
- Recognizes the symptoms of shock and fainting and provides necessary aid as directed or required.
- Responsible for dental office security to include instrument counts. Maintains constant alertness to conditions that might endanger the security of the institution, personnel and residents.
- Maintains the confidentiality of inmate records.
- Approaches change in a positive manner.
- Makes suggestions for improving work conditions to the Medical Director and Health Care Unit Administrator.
- Accepts constructive criticism in stressful situations.
- Upon receiving the necessary training and/or instruction, perform other duties as required or assigned.
- Conforms to Wexford Health Sources, Inc., and facility regulations as appropriate, to include, but not be limited to:
- Dress code
- Schedule/time sheet/time clock
- Safety and security regulations
- Procedure for sick leave/vacation time/education seminars
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as required.
Standard medical setting in a correctional facility, which includes daily interfacing with inmates, correctional staff, and health care personnel. Temperature extremes may be encountered while moving throughout the facility outdoors and indoors in buildings without air conditioning.
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
LICENSING: Current Illinois license as a Dental Hygienist.
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification
EXPERIENCE: Experience working in a dental setting or correctional setting preferred.
EDUCATION: Appropriate education needed to obtain license.
Share This Job