WEXFORD - WVDOC CONTRACT
Wexford Health is the West Virginia State medical operations partner.
This facility has a beautiful medical department and is in need for a Dentist to run the Dental Clinic full time, four days/week
Medical Department, Lakin (Women’s) Correctional Center, West Columbia, WV
This is like having your won private practice with no overhead, no insurance issues, and medmal paid
- Competitive Guaranteed Hourly Rate
- 32 Hours/Week
- Medical Malpractice Insurance is Included
- Full Time Employee or Independent Contractor Status – Your Choice
- Regular Schedule
- No Billing Issues or Insurance Battles
- All female facility
- Assessments and evaluations
- General Dentistry
- Skilled Assistant Onsite!
- Work/life balance
- Exceptional medical team
- Really nice medical center
Wexford Health Sources. We are the medical partner of the state of West Virginia Division of Corrections and Rehabilitation since 2008. For nearly three decades, Wexford Health has consistently delivered proven medical expertise; a full range of medical, behavioral health, pharmacy, utilization management, provider contracting, claims processing, and quality management services.
Responsible and accountable for supervising the Dental Assistant and managing the dental activity as well as for providing oral health care to patients such as fillings, extractions, dentures, root canals, etc.
- Provides preventative and restorative treatment to patients.
- Performs and interprets radiographic examinations as indicated.
- Performs all general dentistry services including, but not limited to restorative, surgical, periodontal, endodontic and prosthodontic services as described by West Virginia Health Service Bulletins.
- Arrange proper referral for procedures that cannot be performed on-site at facility.
- Provides supervision of staff in instruction of offenders in preventative practices for maintaining proper oral hygiene.
- Submit monthly report of Dental Department activities.
- Develop and update departmental policies and procedures.
- Serves as clinical authority on all matters related to the delivery of dental services, and provides direction, guidance, and oversight to the dental staff and programs.
- Determines the timeframes for non-emergent and elective treatments according to priority and availability.
- Determines the appropriateness of non-routine treatment and ensure that such treatment will not interfere with the provision of greater priority services.
- Examines patients and documents findings on standard forms, utilizing applicable dental classification systems (i.e., APHA).
- Provides or arranges for appropriate preventative restorative dental care as needed within the administrative guidelines to all inmates.
- Provides or arranges for appropriate care for emergency patients as soon as possible.
- Ensures continuity of care.
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as required.
- Current West Virginia Dental license (if you are in Ohio, we can help)
- Current DEA license
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification
EDUCATION: Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) or Doctor of Dental Medicine (DDM) degree
- Minimum one (1) year practicing dentistry
- Skilled in recognizing the symptoms of shock and fainting; must be prepared to provide necessary aid as directed during procedures.
- Correctional Experience Preferred.
- Supervisory Experience preferred.
Share This Job