WEXFORD - IDOC CONTRACT
POSITION: Dentist, Full Time
HOURS: 20 hours/week (this position can be Full Time or PRN Flexible)
LOCATION: Lincoln Correctional Center, Lincoln, IL
COMPENSATION: Part time employee status or Independent Contractor
- Full autonomy
- Rewarding opportunity to practice your expertise in ways you’ve never imagined
- Make a significant difference changing patients’ lives
- Educate patients in oral health
- No overhead, medical malpractice is paid
- Guaranteed extra income
$20,000 Signing Bonus for Full Time
Wexford Health Sources; Illinois’s medical and mental health services partner for 30 years.
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest correctional health care providers. Over the past 30 years, our team of dedicated clinical professionals has helped literally millions of justice-involved patients receive life-changing medical and mental health services
At Wexford Health our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
Under the supervision of the Medical Director, an Illinois licensed Dentist is responsible and accountable for supervising the dental staff and managing the dental activity as well as for providing oral health care to patients such as fillings, extractions, dentures, root canals, etc.
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES incudes but not limited to:
- Provides preventative and restorative treatment to all patients.
- Performs and interprets radiographic examinations as indicated.
- Performs operative dentistry including appropriate repair of caries.
- Repairs/fits proper prosthetic devices.
- Arrange proper referral for procedures that cannot be performed on-site at facility.
- Submit monthly report of Dental Department activities.
- Supervise and evaluate all assigned dental staff.
- Forward all outside referrals of patients to the Medical Director to assure the necessity for such referrals.
- Determines the appropriateness of non-routine treatment and ensure that such treatment will not interfere with the provision of greater priority services.
- Examines patients and documents findings on standard forms, utilizing applicable dental classification systems (i.e., APHA).
- Provides or arranges for appropriate preventative restorative dental care as needed within the administrative guidelines to all patients.
- Provides or arranges for appropriate care for emergency patients as soon as possible.
- Ensures continuity of care.
- Supplies data for clinic reports as requested.
- Keeps dental licenses up-to-date, and ensure current copy is on file in the Health Care Unit.
- Makes suggestions for improving work conditions to the Medical Director, Health Care Unit Administrator and Regional Manager.
LICENSING: Current Illinois State Dental license
- Current DEA certificate
- Current CPR certification
EDUCATION: Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) or Doctor of Dental Medicine (DDM) degree
- Minimum one (1) year practicing dentistry.
- Skilled in recognizing the symptoms of shock and fainting; must be prepared to provide necessary aid as directed during procedures.
- Correctional Experience preferred
- Supervisory Experience preferred
Share This Job