WEXFORD - NMCD CONTRACT
POSITION: Hep C Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner
LOCATION: Central NM CF in Los Lunas
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is a member of the Wexford family: a group of the nation’s leading innovative correctional health care companies. At Wexford Health Sources, Inc., our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
- Provides basic medical services under the supervision of a licensed physician.
- Utilizes professional medical skills to meet a variety of health care needs, with ambulatory care as primary focus.
- Provides a broad range of medical services to the facility including assessment, identification and treatment of medical (acute and/or chronic) concerns, health education to patients, and illness and injury prevention.
- Orders appropriate lab/diagnostic tests and procedures to effectively diagnose and treat the patient’s health condition.
- Order medications for patients following licensure authority in coordination with company and facility guidelines.
- Prepare patients for and perform or assist in special treatments, procedures and examinations.
- Make rounds and staff the screening areas as requested.
- Perform historical and physical examinations.
Wexford Health offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Performance check-ins with annual merit increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through BlueCross BlueShield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plan
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
- Continuing education options
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
LICENSING: Current, valid New Mexico Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant license
CERTIFICATION: Advanced Practical Nurse or Physician Assistant’s Certification
Current CPR Certification
EDUCATION: Graduate of an accredited college/university program
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Minimum two (2) years clinical experience required. Correctional experience a plus
Share This Job