BANTRY CORP - CONTRACT
POSITION: Human Resources Specialist
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 8:30AM- 5:00PM
LOCATION: Statewide West Virginia
*Remote/ Work From Home
*Travel to correctional facilities in state required
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
The incumbent will be responsible for providing full Human Resources support for managers, supervisors, and front-line employees of assigned facilities including employee relations counseling; create, review, update and enforce HR policies and procedures; conduct investigations; represent WHS in unemployment compensation hearings and civil rights actions; and advise management on corrective action.
- Human Resources point of contact and consultation for WHS management and personnel on employee relations policy, disciplinary proceedings, and procedural issues for designated WHS facilities.
- Plans, develops and administers Company-wide employee relations programs.
- Insures that all human resources actions are in compliance with Wexford Health policies and applicable federal and state laws. Prepares Company position statements and filings to employee appeals, EEOC, ADA and other civil rights actions.
- Participates in training and informational programs that inform employees and/or management about the Company’s policies/position to provide positive employee relations. Participates in the revision of the employee handbook and policy manuals to effect cooperation and coordination in employee-management relations.
- Understands applicable NCCHC, ACA and JCAHO standards that affect Human Resources at the site. Develops and enforces policies/programs that ensure compliance with applicable standards.
- Exercises a high degree of expertise and judgment based on professional knowledge in assessing situations, anticipating issues, identifying and exploring alternatives, outlining opinions, and recommending approaches to the Director, Human Resources. Assumes responsibility with full accountability for consequences and decisions having broad based impact on the organization and individuals.
- Provides information and prepares comprehensive recommendations to ensure the development and implementation of the employee relations program. Develops approaches, proposals, and plans to handle a variety of issues with controversial, sensitive, and political implications.
- Conducts workshops for managers and supervisors on the human resources topics and laws such as FMLA, ADA; progressive discipline and other aspects of management relations.
- Conducts employee relations activities, employee services, and related activities including adverse actions, reprimands, involuntary separations, and disciplinary actions.
- Keeps abreast of civil rights, discrimination, ADA and arbitration and labor law decisions.
- Provide continual review of current HR practices for validity and bottom-line efficiency in order to make recommendations for improvement.
- Motivates and coaches supervisors and managers to ensure consistent, equal, and fair treatment of employees.
- Oversees, investigates and monitors complex employee-related issues
- Mediates and encourages open lines of communication during disputes between employees and their supervisors; promotes effective conflict resolution
- Participates in developing departmental goals, objectives and systems
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvement in the department
- Attend seminars to enhance skills, keep updated on relevant laws, developments, and HR practices.
TRAVEL: Vehicle travel throughout assigned region; some air travel (overnight) as required.
CERTIFICATION: None required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management; Employee/Labor Relations or related field required
- PHR certification preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years progressive experience in Human Resources Management, of which three (3) years should be in Employee Relations.
- Strong knowledge of principles and practices of Labor and Employment law, Human Resources Administration, and state and federal regulations required.
- In depth knowledge of the concepts, principals, practices, and guidelines of employee relations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of and experience in mediation and negotiation skills and techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to investigate complex employee relations matters, document findings and prepare recommendations based on employment and labor law and company policy.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with, and to influence, employees and managers required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required including the ability to effectively present topics to large groups.
- Strong customer service orientation, political savvy, dependable, trustworthy, emotionally mature and able to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects required.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Must have the ability to plan, direct and provide appropriate guidance to staff.
- Ability to pass Wexford Health pre-employment drug screen.
- Ability to pass various states’ Department of Corrections background checks in order to obtain clearance to enter assigned correctional facilities.
Share This Job