WEXFORD - IDOC CONTRACT
POSITION: Licensed Practical Nurse
SCHEDULE: Full-Time, 11p-7a, EOW
FACILITY: Southwestern IL Correctional Center
LOCATION: East St. Louis, Illinois
Our Competitive Wages Start at $27 – $34/hour
Sign-on Bonus Available!!
Wexford Health offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Performance check-ins with annual merit increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through BlueCross BlueShield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plan with match
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
- Continuing education options
Under the direct supervision of the designated Wexford Health manager and clinical supervision from the Director of Nursing, Registered Nurses, Medical Director and/or IDOC personnel as appropriate, the LPN is responsible for assisting in the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. Under the guidance of Registered Nurses, directs and guides patient teaching activities commensurate with education and demonstrated competencies. Utilizes electronic medical record system as applicable throughout the scope of duties and responsibilities.
- Under the supervision of a Physician or Registered Nurse, performs non-professional nursing care duties in the assessment of the physical, psychological and social dimensions of patients in the Health Care Unit and, as necessary in the housing units.
- Assists in planning individual treatment programs by utilizing available resources in planning care and consults with registered nurses, physicians and correctional officers.
- Assists in implementing individual treatment programs in the Health Care Unit and, as necessary, in the housing unit.
- Assesses personal and learning development needs.
- Plans and implements program to meet identified needs through in-service attendance and other format and informal means.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and performs nursing policies and procedures.
- Supports philosophy, objectives and goals of nursing department.
- Performs within the normal limits of the State Nursing Practice Act, Code of Ethics for Nurses, policies and procedures and facility policy/procedures and standards.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
LICENSING: Currently licensed as an LPN in the state of Illinois
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification
EDUCATION: Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: One year clinical experience, Prior experience with use of electronic medical record system
Share This Job